Calling ALL riders here to show solidarity with Sir Evan MacDougall

As many of you know Sir Evan MacDougall is well trough an epic quest to honor his fallen friend Sir Dan. In Defense of Sir Dan

As a show of solidarity for Sir Evan and all riders everywhere who take to the streets to do what we all love, the challenge has been proffered for all of us to join Sir Evan on the last day of this quest, and ride Defender on Feb 28th.

As Sir Evan said himself: Cyclists have just as much a right to the road as anyone else and shouldn’t have to fear for their safety every time they get on a bike. Any cyclist that takes to the road should be able to safely return to their family.

I know we all agree with this sentiment. Let’s show Sir Evan that we are right there with him. If you are in, let us know here.

23 Likes

Thank you, Sir Stuart. :crossed_swords: :mending_heart:

Here is my open invitation for all to ride with me on Feb 28. In memory and tribute to Sir Dan, and to all our fallen loved ones. :mending_heart::pensive:

9 Likes

Abso-suffing-lutely! In the calendar and will be ridden.

5 Likes

Plan duly updated

5 Likes

I’m in too.

5 Likes

Calendar updated

6 Likes

I have Chores scheduled as part of my KOS prep but after a winter of shoving snow I’m tired of doing chores, challenge accepted! I’m riding Defender on February 28th in solidarity with Sir Evan.

6 Likes

And don’t forget. Once you have Defended…

7 Likes

Done and done, I’m in.

5 Likes

I’m set.

6 Likes

damn, guess i’m in! I never knew Sir Dan, but how can I not take part in this memorial, right?

6 Likes

No worries. Tho, I dare say you unfortunately likely know someone who has been injured or killed on their bike. Regardless, I very much appreciate your willingness to take part in memory and solidarity!

#StrongerTogether #NeverAlone

5 Likes

Calendar updated, I’m in

6 Likes

Angels added to calendar

5 Likes

On my calendar too.

5 Likes

I’m in. Too many ghost bikes, and it is getting worse, not better.

4 Likes

As today’s horrible news in AZ can attest. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Yep, plans changed. I’ll be there

3 Likes

Count me in too.

3 Likes

Sunday’s Defender done. First time riding it in just over two years.

Managed to get through at 100% but it was pretty grim. I need to go again tomorrow because there are huge sections that I have no idea what was happening on screen!

Today’s effort has given me a little perspective on just how massive Sir Evan’s commitment achievement are.

5 Likes