Citizens of Sufferlandria post-Tour Victory Lap

Want you all to know I’m really proud of you in our efforts this year, and even though I couldn’t participate in this year’s Tour de whatevertheheck, I was with you in spirit, and IMMENSELY enjoyed all of the suffering and shenanigans. Decided I wanted to do something for you, so - even though SOMEONE’s Alpe du Zwift everesting attempt (:exploding_head:) stole my thunder a little, here goes…

You did it. You suffered. You shredded chamois. You made the Nation proud. Now the Knights of Sufferlandria would like to commemorate the Citizens’ of Sufferlandria epic victory over the forces of (corporate) evil in the 2024 @#$% Tour (even if they cheated - but it’s all for a good cause).

You’re cordially invited to join us in Zwift for a one-hour, banded ride at (mostly) Z1/Z2 recovery speeds so that we can all come together and celebrate the spirit of our great Nation.

Flush out that lactic acid before your next Full Frontal! Pain shakes and Real Pagne for all! Guaranteed :t_rex: sightings, with a :volcano:finish in view of Mount Sufferlandria.

I set the ride for 1300 EST, which corresponds to 0700 in NZ, all the way to 1000 in Los Angeles. Hope to see you there!

(No, you don’t have to have ridden the Tour to join the ride. All are welcome! And join our club!)

4 Likes

Was challenging to balance post-Tour, so maybe will open a Round 2 for the weekend…

2 Likes

I joined. I may miss it due to some promises I made to my Couchlandrian overlord but hopefully she won’t notice I’m missing. Thanks for the support Cap’n Sir Ian @CPT_A !!

1 Like

Nice! Yeah thought about doing a Mount Sufferlandria hill climb, but that seemed unnecessarily cruel…

:volcano::volcano::volcano:

Oh, almost forgot - I will throw $1 to DPF for every Sufferlandrian that joins us.

6 Likes

FYI – I would likely run a repeat over the weekend for the North America folks to join in as well maybe Saturday morning for the US and Canada

Again, great job everyone. Very proud of you!

2 Likes

I already forgot that I joined this :older_man: :man_facepalming: :rofl:

2 Likes

Aww, that’s ok Sir @Glen.Coutts…because you haven’t.

:joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

haven’t what?

tumblr_5093ea72801f03e0e8aa0c0a7a8041fb_5c3cbcd8_500

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Just made a Saturday makeup event (0900 EST) - hopefully between the two we can accommodate more folks.

3 Likes

I did a 109km outdoor ride to celebrate. Now my legs are saying nasty things…

2 Likes

For the Zwift connaiseurs, is there any hope non subscribers can join? Due to Sir @Glen.Coutts generousity, it seems i have already my 25km trial :grin:

3 Likes

I thought someone had tagged you with a possible code for a free trial? Did you miss that or did it not work?

Assuming you’ve never subscribed before, if you sign up for the monthly plan, you’ll get 14 days free and you won’t be charged if you cancel your sub before the 14 days is up and you’ll continue to have access for the remainder of the 14 days.

3 Likes

@DavM indeed did offered a code. Based on the free 25km until the end, i tought it would be enough.

I will sign up for those 14days, thank you Sir Glen!

1 Like

Just to be clear, you have to agree to sign up for a monthly membership at which point Zwift will start a 14 day trial.

If you don’t want to be charged you’ll have to remember to cancel your membership before the 14 days is over.

3 Likes

Understood Sir Glen. Thanks!

3 Likes

Do you still need the code? It will give you 1 month free.

:+1:

2 Likes

If you all decide to stick around, make sure to join the Knight’s Club. If we get enough people, we can get KoS kit in Zwift!

:star_struck:

5 Likes

Joined, but I dunno if I wanna be in a club that would have me as a member :wink:

3 Likes

Too late. You can never leave.

4 Likes