Come join the Knight Ride!

OK team, we’re going to give this a try. The first ever(?) KNIGHT RIDE will run on Zwift this weekend. I built three iterations - at 0900 and 1300 EDT on Saturday, March 16th, and 0300 EDT on Sunday the 17th. Should just about cover you wherever you are in the world. I will be leader for the first - accepting applications for leaders for the other two and/or sweepers for any. But nor do you need a leader. You can all just show up and ride the route.

This week’s route will be the Country to Coastal route in Makuri Islands - one of my very favorite routes.

FAQ - you absolutely don’t need to be a Knight or Dame to ride, just a true Sufferlandrian at heart. The event will - again - be banded, so we’ll all stick together as a group no matter what your effort level…so long as you keep pedaling. If you get dropped or have technical issues, you can drop and rejoin the event and be right back in the mix for the first 30 minutes.

Event 1 (0900 EDT, 3/16): Knight Ride - The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App

Event 2 (1500 EDT, 3/16): Knight Ride - The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App

Event 3 (0300 EDT, 3/17): Knight Ride - The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App

Feel free to drop these links into the Facebook page or anywhere else random Knights and Dames may loiter. Look forward to “riding” with you again!

8 Likes

Ermmm…whether Sir or Dame, in Sufferlandria a Knight is a Knight, Cap’n Sir. :innocent:

4 Likes

giphy-450807533

You’re killing me, Smalls.

5 Likes

You know I tough love you Cap’n Sir. Also, while I’m at it, Knights of Sufferlandria KoS is redundant :innocent::innocent::smiling_imp:

1 Like

Well THAT one is not my fault - that was a default in the event based on the name of the club in Zwift - as created by someone not me.

EDIT: fixed it for you anyway…

3 Likes

But it’s the name of the club

Edit: I think we can all agree, I’m a jerk. Pretty sure I was a cat in a prior life :wink:

Edit:2: Cap’n Sir Ian @CPT_A, I honestly thought twas you who created the group. :man_facepalming:t3::man_shrugging:t3::older_man:t2:

4 Likes

Hey Sir @ehoffman - not to name names but SOMEONE is taking exception to your club name in Zwift…

:smirk:

3 Likes

I thought that was like an abbrev notation in a text - like where you write “Knights of Sufferlandria (KOS)” and then the reader knows what you’re referring to when you write KOS anywhere else in the document.

Either that or a keyword tag to help anyone find it who typed in either the full term or the abbrev.

I don’t mind the name. But then I’m not quite as pedantic as Sir Glen. Close, but not quite. Lol. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Lord knows I make too many of my own typos to be that pedantic. Like how many times I just wrote and rewrote “pedantic.”

5 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Where are these events listed in the App? I went looking and couldn’t find them.

1 Like

You can either use the links to sign up, or you have to navigate to the Knights club, and they’ll show there under events. Zwift only puts big, established events on the general feed.

2 Likes

Nope, is important. We are all Knights. The correct Honorific is Sirs and Dames. And for that eyeroll, from henceforth you shall call me Sir! :rofl:

Also thanks for organising. I’ll come along for Ride 2. Happy to be a ride leader if pne is needed but given I havent a clue what that entails happy to also just ride

4 Likes

lol you guys crack me up! @Glen.Coutts do I need to add those parentheses around KOS?

4 Likes

Just kidding. Sorry @Glen.Coutts. Redundancy wins.

4 Likes

Too funny!!!

3 Likes

Not that he wasn’t right - again - just that I fell into his trap - again - Sir/Ma’am.

:yum:

3 Likes

Sir/Dame

How many times Cap’n Sir, how maaaany times…

2 Likes

tenor-2940758135

Must. Not. Engage.

3 Likes

2 Likes

At this rate we will have to open up mythical flogging station 739 :thinking:

3 Likes