COBBLER is out now!

I have Team Scream scheduled for tomorrow, but I’m planning to switch it up and do Cobbler instead. I don’t want to wait until after my training plan is over to try it out. From the profile it looks right up my alley.

1 Like

Can you do one of the new videos as part of a Kingthood attempt going ahead this Friday? Asking for a friend…

2 Likes

That’s an interesting question. I reckon the minions will say yes to both but don’t take my word for it. However… Attacker allowed but The Way Out not; Cobbler allowed but To Get To The Other Side not :thinking:

1 Like

I had been thinking this same thing. :thinking:

Attacker seems like a likely candidate. Hopefully we can get some official word at some point. But, at the same time, maybe the Knighthood video list will stay the same to include more of the older and more traditional SUF videos? Don’t want all those old favs to get discarded in favor of these new-fangled shiny suffering methods. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This debate has been going on since more than ten were eligible. I wouldn’t worry so much about it, Knighthood rises above most of the thinking. GvA rules.

3 Likes

I’ll stick to the ones listed on the website to be safe

1 Like

Yep, definitely don’t use one unless/until after official word comes out.

Yes they’re both eligible. Minions will update the website as soon as they finish their intervals.

6 Likes

Thanks. Just realised that cobbler is 1:48… kind of wish I hadn’t asked now :man_facepalming:
Think attacker is an option though, nice to throw in a new video for something fresh (as my legs wont be!)

1 Like

These videos are great and help expand the library. Just when I was looking for a nice workout to do on the rollers, Attacker is great! Cobbler was awesome on the trainer. What a combo!

2 Likes

@Francois-Wahoo @David.McQuillen.KoS I just finished Cobbler just 2 minutes ago. It was epic! Loved every suffering minute of it. And it was definitely SUF when the 3rd section starts in immediately with 62rpms. No easing in. Just bang! - back into it.

I had one issue throughout, tho. I did the video on my iPhone. All the caption boxes were not word-wrapping. Instead they stretched all the way across the screen and disappeared off the right side.

Other than that, tho, I loved it. Loved the story line and the snips of commentary from Phil and Bob. I loved being able to sometimes hear the fans and the rumble of the cobbles. Then the rest before the sprint in the velodrome. So epic. I may have shed a tear or two at the end. Awesome video!

5 Likes

They are on the list now! More importantly the app infrastructure in the castle atop Mt. Sufferlandria has been updated to include both Attacker and Cobbler in the KOS achievement calculations.

4 Likes

Wonder who’s going to be the first to incorporate Cobbler, Blender and ISLAGIATT in their painlist…

4 Likes

It hurts just thinking about it!

2 Likes

Cold and rainy outside, so a great day to do Cobbler inside! I really like this workout to thump my sustained efforts weakness over the three (longer than) 20 minute intervals. The music, storyline and structure were motivating and distracting at the same time, which makes a longish session much more enjoyable. Excellent work!!

4 Likes

Not working for me. Seemed fine 2 days ago when I downloaded it but it is broken now.

Butt kicker. While low cadence on balance, there are some jumps in cadence AND power that really test you. I found my HR drifted from zone 3 to mid zone 4 with about 10 minutes to go and choose to drop to about 85% to finish - so I have goals for the next time.

It certainly reminds me of some group rides where you have to hold for dear life. Burn through over 1000 kJ’s, 2 bidons + 1 sport drink, and two hats!

3 Likes

I had the same issue on an iPad Mini 4

This workout is great! Nice work with the DJ on this soundtrack, next level. Anyone who can mix Phil into a workout soundtrack is ok by me.

This is officially the workout that all others will be measured against in my opinion.

2 Likes

Really want to have a go at this. I’m on week 7 of metric century and due Map 10x2 tomorrow. Anybody know if I can do The Cobbler instead maybe with slight intensity reduction.
Cheers
Simon