Combining Strength Level 1 and 2

Hi all,

I am fairly new to the system, I’m a cyclist and runner and find it useful to do strength trainings using the SYSTM, wanted to ask for your experience and if it would be advisable to combine strength level 2 and 2 in the same week (this means I have strength level 1 and 2 training plans)?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

AH

Hey @alwinhumoto , welcome to the community!

Full disclosure, I’m not a coach, but I can say with a fair amount of certainty that it would NOT be recommended to run 2 concurrent plans of different levels. Each plan would have been designed as either a stand-alone or as a supplement to some other sport with the expectation that you would make gains and adaptations as the plan progresses.

If the level you’ve chosen is too easy, and you are looking for a greater challenge then it may be worth switching up the plan and going with a higher level and/or looking at the difference between a 3:1 vs a 2:1 plan.

If these plans are still not meeting your needs, you may want to consider either chatting with a coach (for a fee) or looking at a customized cycling or multi-sport plan (again for a fee).

More info on Wahoo Coaching can be found here:

3 Likes