Stage 2 group ride, inquire within!

:loudspeaker: Hear ye! Hear ye! :loudspeaker:

Dame Lisa Dowson and Jason Marchant (members of Team Social Suffering and two legends I’ve worked with closely in their capacity as beta testers) have organised two Zoom-based (online) group rides for Stage 2 of the Tour of Sufferlandria. If you enjoy bearing witness to the suffering of others or donating to a good cause, then join Dame Lisa and Jason (it’s his first Tour, poor thing) as they host the stage 2, the infamous Nine Hammers!

The details:
To sign up for the ride we ask that you make a donation (US$5 suggested donation) to my ToS donation page. As an added incentive to join in on the fun, the entry donations will be redistributed to group ride participants and increase their chances in the prize pool. More details on how that all works to follow.

Donate to Team Social Suffering and sign up for the group ride: 2024 The Wahooligan Tour - Davis Phinney Foundation

More details
When?: Monday Feb 15th &/or Feb 16th, depending on your location in space. (See the poster for dates and times.)

Where?: Zoom. The Zoom meeting link will be sent to you within 24 hours of your donation.

For the best experience, we recommend you download, install and log in to Zoom 24 hours prior to the ride in order to familiarise yourself with the software. Download Zoom here.

Plan to log in to the ride at least 10 minutes prior to start. Be ready to Suffer - kit, towel, water, bleeding eyes at the ready. If you want to engage in good-natured banter during the ride, make sure you dial down the music volume of your workout or your comments will be drowned out by background noise.

Why/how?: For more information go to http://dpf.convio.net/goto/tss or check out the poster below

Any questions? Post away in the comments below!

7 Likes

Love this idea! Sadly, I can’t make it.
Hope the rest of you will have a great time.

Well… as great of a time somebody can have riding Nine Hammers.

I donated a small amount for the participants to share.

5 Likes

This is awesome and a great idea, been one who does love (in a GVA way) 9 Hammers I will do my best to join G2 as I live near Boulder. 1PM MST it is. Donation to follow. Yeah! Here We Go! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

So sorry you can’t make it!!! Was so hard to find times that work for everyone!!! Thank you for donating anyway, you rock!!!

1 Like

Whoop!!! Looking forward to having you!!! :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

So you get to do Stage 2 twice … that is very honorable and a tad crazy of you.

2 Likes

Aaaah, Jason and I have a cunning plan there, never fear!

4 Likes

No fear from me … 9 hammers is my all time favorite (GVA stuff) video.

3 Likes

@GJStache53 not many people say that for sure :slight_smile: Checking my go to videos for this year it appears to be equal first with Power Station, so who knew … NH is a favourite …

4 Likes

No worries, Lisa.
Maybe I can move a few things around somehow - at least I will try. Or cheer you on from my work phone. :slight_smile:

Otherwise, I feel like the Valley of Nine Hammers and me can use a bit of one-on-one time, too. It’s been a while…

3 Likes

Absolutely ok to come in as a cheer leader!!! Would be great to have the support

3 Likes

Can’t ride either of those times - 7am and 8pm never appear on my ride scheduling! - but if I can get my Laser Goat Zoom/Snap Camera filter working in time then I’ll be there to encourage Suffering. The uncomfortable have nothing to fear…

4 Likes

Hmm, I might have to try for this – I wonder how people will react if I put “Nine Hammers” on my work calendar for 3pm on Monday. :wink:

Perhaps more relevant: will I be in any state to get anything done afterwards…

4 Likes

Tell them to donate, then they can see what it’s all about! :grin:

1 Like

I am planning on front loading, doing nine hammers on Sunday (that is the plan). Nine hammers is also on my current plan for tomorrow. (Why…?).

Anyways, could I still join on Monday Am. east coast time, if I ride fight club while you ride nine hammers?

2 Likes

Go for it!!

Are you on the TT plan like me? I had 9Hammera this morning. NZ time. And did heavy gym work last night …whoops

1 Like

@DameLisa No, not the TT plan. I only have 2 hours during week and 90 min on the weekends, so I opted (was gifted) a customized plan.

TOS is an obvious exception to my training time limitations…

We should’ve done the group ride when we did our knighthood around the world attempts. Not sure zoom was even available then…?

2 Likes

I’ll be thinking of you guys when I ride it on Sunday, got a doctor’s appointment on Monday

4 Likes

I have the early shift at work next week so I ‘should’ be able to catch 9pm CET (session 2).

3 Likes

Session 2… prepare yourself for my style of banter. Hopefully I managed to keep the Suffering entertaining! See you then!

3 Likes