Connecting to Garmin Connect

We just pushed a fix that should make it so that you are able to connect your Garmin account reliably now. We had a bug in our OAuth code that was made much worse when we scaled to multiple API servers when we launched SYSTM. It made it so authenticating Garmin almost always failed.
Can you try connecting your Garmin account and let me know if it works for you now?

4 Likes

Works for me now, you may want to make an announcement.

2 Likes

Hi, Garmin connection also works for me now (and didn’t before)

Thank you!

2 Likes

I made the connection with Garmin again and now it is in my authorized apps and stays connect. Thanks.

1 Like

Working now!

2 Likes

Can confirm - Garmin is back! cc @OliveClogs @Mugo @Lisa1010 @jacek @AdamITR @arthur @Simon46 @Daniel1

5 Likes

New SYSTM user here - I’ve been able to connect to Strava and Garmin Connect and can see the activities in both accounts but Garmin Connect is not recognising them regarding Training Status - should I be doing something else to get them to be used?

1 Like

The training status/load is calculated on your watch or edge computer. You have to turn on one of those, let it sync with connect to pull down the file and calculate. Then it has to sync again to send the calculated load and stays back to garmin connect

Fenix 5 Plus sync’d (several times today already since the activity this morning), Physio True up enabled (as it always is), activities showing on my watch, iPhone app and web version but no Training Status :frowning:

Is the training status and load updated on your watch?

Thanks for helping out - No it just shows the activity

I’m getting the same now, I can see the workout in Garmin Connect, so it’s exported correctly but it has no impact on training status or load. I’ve sync’d my Garmin 530 multiple times but nothing is showing

Same issue and this was fixed recently.

Wahoo fixed it at their end by changing the text in the .fit file back to Sufferfest. I suspect Garmin has finally caught up and now looking for the “Systm” text which of course is no longer there.
@gpsjared FYI

I’m trying to authorise Garmin Connect and I’m getting this error

Anyone else getting this or know of a solution?

I get the same error

Thanks. I wonder if it is similar to the issue with Garmin Connect and RGT? Maybe Garmin aren’t accepting any new authorisations?

It’s not the same. It could be that the wrong credentials were used or you were connecting to an expired account. You should verify both and try again.

Thanks but I’m able to log in to my Garmin Connect account just fine

I know error messages can be wrong but this says that it can’t give the application the permissions it requested. I.e. Systm is asking Garmin for the wrong thing

At this point i would contact support. Something isn’t right.

For anyone else with this problem, the solution from support was to connect via the web app (http://systm.wahoofitness.com/) whilst logged into Garmin Connect on another tab

That worked fine for me :grinning:

4 Likes