Cross training

With winter approaching. I like to get out a skate ski. How many hours on skate skis do you need to put in to get the equivalent of a 2 -3 hour endurance ride on the bike?

Is there any way to substitute an outdoor ride for another activity in the training plans?

2 Likes

It is always great to diversify as this will get you recruiting different muscles as the movements are different. Your best bet is to look at your HR and upload your activities to TrainingPeaks.

2 Likes

Thank you

I think I will sub I some of my longer weekend rides with a ski session. I’m a father of 2 kids under 5 so I’m limited to 2 hours at a time.

I’m hoping my oldest enjoys skiing. We are trying to get her into a kids program this year so daddy can get an extra ski session in.

I do use TrainingPeaks in addition to the Suf app

2 Likes

I had the same question about integrating skate ski sessions into your plans. Do you recommend following one of your multisport plans and skiing on Swim or Run days? Just trying to make it all work.

In week 4 and loving the programs, I’d like to continue with them through the winter.
Paul

I would use the swim/run plans as a guide yes but make sure you are not overtraining :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!