Curious about 4DP

Ignorance is bliss. I know its gonna be hard but I don’t know how hard it will be

3 Likes

Just persevere/push through as some people fail their 4DP test, most likely by giving up/aborting this test.
There is no fail, there is only a drawing of a line in the sand of where you are at, physically and mentally.
Your numbers are unique to you so don’t go making comparisons. Unless it is against your previous self.

1 Like

What video do you watch?

So far I’ve done Attacker, Vise Grips, A Very Dark Place, Revolver and Moon Rider on the rower.

2 Likes

Just finished my Full Frontal. Apparently, I’m an attacker because AC is my strength and sustained is my weakness

I love the donut teaser at the end but everything else was hard.

I struggled the most with the 20 min steady state. I’ve always used ramp tests and I never knew how hard the 20 min was until today. Great practice though for racing because that’s what it takes to keep the lead group position

9 Likes

Congrats on completing!

I am a 60 year old cyclist. When I did my first 4DP, I prepared and paced it very poorly; it reflected in the post test numbers/report.
I think it was a blessing in disguise. I went with those numbers, with a low volume Mountain Fondo plan, in combination with outdoor riding.
I was able to complete the workouts with a lower PE than I probably should have, but my priority is winter base improvement. I didn’t want to wreck myself and have to rebuild before my event, even if that is the conventional approach(?).

3 Likes