Double Workout

What the heck 2 in 1 day ?
Only joking but need advice. I’m at start of week 4 tomorrow of metric Century and looking forward to working hard after easy week 3. I’m on a tight schedule tomorrow because of working night shifts and I need to fit in Ignighter and AVDP (my fav) in one day. What amount of time do I need to leave in between.
Cheers
Simon

1 Like

I’d imagine those would be done back to back…

2 Likes

5 minutes Simon (or a wee bit more or even zero if you really want !)

Igniter is often set as a warm up for the main session (or at least that’s how I use it).
I use GCN Ready Steady Go now instead. Did this morning and it was probably 5 mins just to slightly relax before Nine Hammers.

1 Like

Thanks gents. Onwards and Upwards

2 Likes

My least favorite day from the Metric Century was doing SUF Idol and then The Shovel back-to-back at 100%. I can barely finish The Shovel by itself. I did manage to finish them both, tho. I wish I had done the Mental Strength course before that day rather than afterward, but I lived to tell about.

2 Likes

Just noticed AVDP is reduced, gutted! But I do have Revolver the next day :grin:

3 Likes

If you’re really crunched for time, Igniter is an extended warm up so if you do end up picking one over the other make sure it is a dark place. Good luck :wink:

2 Likes

If your metric century is going to be 2 metric half century rides, with a big break in between, then you can train accordingly and leave a big break between double header training rides .If not then I would be inclined to keep going while warned up and get the “done boxes” ticked

3 Likes

If there is one thing I like to do it’s to tick a done box. Actually Alchurch you make a good point, it will be one ride just a comfort break halfway with half a banana. Reading between the lines of your message, the fact I did workouts back to back shows I think that I am in a good place with my training.
Revolver tomorrow
Onwards and Upwards.

1 Like