Erace Training plan, more than 6h/week?

Hello,
I used to train 9-11 hours a week and I decided to follow the erace training plan very soon.
I realized that the plan is probably great if you have less than 6 hours per week to train. But in my case, I’m not very confortable with the idea to almost cut by half my usual training load. So, my question is, can I decide to add a few hours of Z2 power training (aeroby only) to complete some workout? Or somethine else?
Regards,

1 Like

Hi @MarcL

You are not alone. I to struggle with going from 14 hour weeks with TSS from 500-700 to 6 hour weeks with TSS only ~450.

The saving grace, as I see it, is that the IF of my week is higher, typically 0.85 versus 0.72.

Could I ride more using NoVids or doing videos at lower intensity?

Sure could however I don’t think my recovery, which is necessary to achieve the fitness adaptations the workouts provide, would be sufficient.

If, in a month I don’t feel I am progressing, I’ll add some running or other low intensity work.

I’m not nor do I pretend to be a coach.<\disclaimer>

Cheers,

Rik

1 Like

Thx Rik, happy to see that I’m not alone having the same question.
I totally agree with you. I could also try to empirically manage the training load
and adjust to my recovery accordingly (recovery is certainly the main point).
Is using TSS and/or IF and compare them with previous training load enough
or are there some other tips?
I could add some simple Z2 rides (which sounds reasonable to me) but maybe
it is preferable to add only one specific workout? Suf Community, any idea?
Cheers,

Hi @MarcL

As I said, I’m no coach. If I were to add any more volume to my week it would certainly be Z2 rides.

Right now I am OK with the fact that I’m not losing any CTL over the past 3 weeks and think I could pull that back to the 80’s in early spring.

I’d also like to hear from others.

Cheers,