Plans for racing every week

Hi all,
in bit more than one week I start the 2nd season of the Zwift Racing League, and we race once a week (on Tuesday evenings).
I’ve looked up the plans for eRacing, they are developed with a “main” race as the target at the end of the block, which never happens in indoor racing. And they do the usual “race week tapering”.
But if I do this race week tapering, I’ll be tapering all the 8 weeks :slight_smile:
Any suggestions on how I can plan my weeks?

Cheers
Simone

I’m doing the same as you. I’ve been doing the esports racing plan since early December, with encouraging results for my FTP and in season 1/Xmas Zwift races. I try to move the training days around a little so that Tuesday sometimes aligns with one of the “practice race” days (obv I do the Zwift race instead) and I make sure to do something easy on the Monday, or take the day off. It seems to work ok for me. I’m 56 and racing low B last season so I’m a seasoned cyclist and Zwift racer but I also find i need to listen to my body more now and take days off when I’m feeling tired. You may be a 22 year old elite for all I know but this is my experience :slight_smile:

I’ll also say that my sleep is important - don’t force training days if you don’t sleep well the night before.