Fave Audio Source for No Sound/No Vid Sessions

When those BYOMusic rides pop up, I prefer not having to make a playlist. If you came of age in the 80’s might I recommend the Apple Music New Wave station for rides that need music.

Cadence wise so much good stuff… There’s an occasional Spandau Ballet, Culture Club, or ABC, that doesn’t always flow, and may need skipping, but the rare OMD, Flock of Seagulls, Joy Division, and even Adam and The Ants - their drummer/s so under-rated … plus so many more makes the trip back to the 80’s worth the ride…

What music do you lean on?

5 Likes

@itsbrianegan I often just use another SUF playlist on Spotify. See below for the links:

Sufferfest on Spotify

2 Likes

So I plug in the XM/Sirius radio Channel 39 Hair Nation or even Chln 38 Ozzy’s Boneyard for some 70’s+80’s Rock (I guess some call it heavy metal, some call it arena bands, whatever it is, it’s where I started with music and never left). Realizing you and I speak different languages (I haven’t a clue about the bands you’ve listed) I never tired of AC/DC, Scorpions, Van Halen, Dio, Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi, Guns 'N Roses, etc. Cadence - who cares! Music has cadence?? Matching my ears to my legs doesn’t do much for me - getting a jolt of adrenaline from some guitar ripping spins my legs!

1 Like

Yes, classic rock does kick ass; but for me, the no vid sessions like FTP Progressions, I’m just a sucker for the synth drum beats that tap out the cadence w/o too much variance. I got my career start doing college radio in 88, hence the affinity for the old-school new wave/alternative. But ur right… adrenaline rush, tough to beat classic rock/hair metal. And for cadence builds - solos could be perfect that Master of Puppets guitar solo around the 5:40 mark in the song? Could totally hit 160 to that or EVH.

I have a workout playlist of electronic/trance music. A number of tracks I’ve taken from SUF workouts, while others I have from my own music library. Or I used my personalized Apple Music “Get Up!” or “Favorites” playlists.

1 Like

I’ll generally pick one of the albums in my Bandcamp collection. The selection will be based on my mood and the style of the workout. I do lean towards the more electronic-ish sounds for the higher energy workouts.

1 Like

I’m an old fart, but I love the nightcore lists on youtube (EDM-ish). About an hour long, and the sped-up tracks are between 85-95bpm–right in my sweet-spot range for cadence. Couple of those songs make want to dance on the pedals like Contador. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use amazon music, and usually pick some acdc or metallica if I’m going to go deep! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: If it’s a chill pace, I usually pick some older alternative stuff like lcd soundmachine, Gary Numan, flock of seagulls, or other similar classics. I am also from the age-era of watching mtv till the wee hours of the morning way back when that was all they aired! Ah, the good ol days!!:slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

4 Likes