ToS Soundtracks

So what are the soundtracks that will be used? Are ye all sticking to the Suf Soundtracks (Some goodies there) or are you using personal playlists?
Personally, I’m deciding what’ll be in my earphones :thinking: Options are 80’s Synth (OMD, Petshop Boys, Depeche Mode, Eurythmics, etc), or Rock Legends (Def Leppard, Queen, U2 etc) or, my trusty Armin van Buuren (ASOT Top 100)…

Might hit up the Synth and Armin… Eclectic…

1 Like

Women of Sufferlandria have a couple of insanely epic playlists on Spotify. Highly recommended

3 Likes

Ive got the chasing legends soundtrack lined up for.Norway

1 Like

I’ll be going for a nice mix of both the Sufferest soundtracks and my own. 9 hammers will definitely be ridden with fire by Brutus (https://youtu.be/DUDPGaBYX00) playing on repeat and their whole album. And GOAT will have May our chambers be full by Emma Ruth Rundle and Thou, with repeats of their The valley (which btw is in my top list of most compelling songs I know)

1 Like

So I been hitting out with the Armin Van Buuren ASOT collection- great for tapping out a beat :slight_smile:

Tomorrow, I reckon my 90’s dance revival playlist will be on the cards

3 Likes

I usually listen to the Sufferlandria music the first time a do a workout. That’s the case for pretty much all of TOS. I also really like the way the music matches the effort most of the time – I especially felt that in Cobbler (less so in Nine Hammers).

I’m relatively new to Sufferfest, but I view TOS as an experience – try it the way it’s ‘supposed’ to be at least once, and then adapt as desired. Kind of like tasting the meal before adding my own seasoning to it – it’s only polite to the chef! :grin:

4 Likes

Being that this is the Tour or Sufferlandria, it seems only proper to take in both the sights and sounds. So, like @rinaf said, I will listening to the SUF soundtrack for each video. Maybe on a future workout I’ll change up some of the music, but I usually prefer the SUF soundtrack for each video, anyway, as they are well-curated and match up perfectly to each video.

1 Like

I like the soundtracks to all of the videos. Actually, what is funny is that many years ago before I started doing them, I wasn’t much of an electronica fan. But, having heard a lot of great techno on the video soundtracks, I actually now use several of the Apple techno/trance playlists for my own riding. Ya gotta have an open mind, people.

2 Likes

I love doing indoor sessions to armin van burin. I got so used to it once that whenever I tried do something adventurous off the front of a race I swear to god my brain would replay it in my head. :grimacing:
Usually followed by some sort of slow waltz when I exploded out the back shortly afterwards!!! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I unconsciously set my cadence to match the music, and was surprised to realize that a lot of bluegrass music is compatible with a cadence in the nineties. I find myself throwing on live sets from Doc and Merle Watson for some SYSTM workouts, but it really feels appropriate for a lot of the FULGAZ rural Appalachia virtual rides (but I used to live and ride there). As an added feature, the banjo cranked up to the point that I can hear it over my trainer annoys my teenage kids, so there are fewer interruptions…

1 Like