Francois Guguen no longer with Suf

I was just starting to go through and set up a training program for the upcoming winter and spring indoor training.
Hard to guess what the future will hold, and not sure what I’m going to do.
I liked the personal plans. When that was shut down I figured I would have these videos to work with.
I couldn’t stand RGT. Not sorry to see it go. The few times I did it only saw computer generated riders fly past me.
Don’t mind zwift at all.

2 Likes

GOAT for the GOATS! As prescribed, rode the GOAT in honor of @Francois-Wahoo et al. Man that stuff is gold! Rode with perhaps the last man standing (ironic) @michael.cotty and am ever thankful for this platform. It is my fervent wish that others wil come and pick up the torch…(FWIW the cool down tune is a GOAT in and of itself!!)

16 Likes

Who is he?

1 Like

Sir Francois was the genius behind the SUF vids from SUF Idol on. So, Suf Idol, Attacker, Cobbler, Recharger, Tapers, The Model, Rue the Day, No Place Like Home and High Time, as well as all the Pro Rides. He was the last surviving member of The Sufferfest team and has thrown in the holy water towel.

15 Likes

“was the genius behind the SUF vids from SUF Idol on”

In what sense exactly? Did he create the workout? Or?

3 Likes

In the sense of all the content you see and hear e.g. script, text, music and video editing, timing etc.

Edit: afaik, the workouts, that is the intervals, would have come from the sport science folks (who, except for Sir Mac, are no longer with The Company either).

11 Likes

David, the backbone of Sufferlandria,
Neal, surely the brains,
François, the beating heart.

I’d say the patient is in trouble…

Can we fix it with the DNA lingering between the remaining minions and ourselves? Or is it “so long and thanks for all the fish”?

6 Likes

While normally pathologically hopeful, in this case I don’t think so. My only hope is it’s not killed off like RGT.

8 Likes

If someone can teach me the video editing I would gladly sign up to put together SUF workouts. I already have the musical production experience, plus a few years of SUF indoctrination and a knighthood or two.

I could also mention my masochistic love of Defender and my sense of humor.

But it would still be hard to fill the shoes of Sir David and Sir Francois who are both legendary.

17 Likes

Or 5

5 Likes

and then some…

:thinking:

5 Likes

With all the key member gone I wonder if there isn’t another start up growing somewhere in a garage :thinking::wink: maybe with a great name like sufferfest and laser goats? :grinning: hopefully nothing named like Lasergoathooligans (in my definition this means very strong goats) :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

Maybe a 6th next year if I may add :joy: :smiling_imp:

I did a short course on video editing previously on LinkedIn. It’s not that difficult to grasp the skill just that it takes quite a lot of practice, quite a fair bit of organising the assets and a story line in the head or at least written or typed out somewhere.
Oh and it’s using Adobe’s Premiere Pro btw.

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind messages folks. Always remember that the Sufferlandrian IN you is strong and , if nothing else does, the spirit will live on.

37 Likes

Hiding in plain sight! :heart:

5 Likes

more than you, Sir

3 Likes

more than me, Dame :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I hope your words are not hiding a message between the lines !

Good job with the workout videos !

3 Likes

:muscle:

:mending_heart:

More than you

5 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears:

4 Likes