FTP Progressions

Hi @leebo after my last FF I went into a 4 Week MAP Block I found some very tough 9 Hammers and Revolver but finished the block off with a nice easy recovery week. I then did the 2 A Week With which were a nice change of pace and intensity. I am now on the recovery week of a 4 Week Threshold Block. I thought after the MAP Block this would be easy but the Progressions 5x6, 5x7 and 5x8 mins have all been much harder than what I thought. The other workouts have all been pretty doable but for these 3 workouts I had to work really hard to find my comfort zone ending up using the small ring and about the 4/5th cog on the cassette. In the 5 x 8 mins on Sunday. This week is just another easy week Recharger/Open 60 and a couple of Inspiration Rides then next week is the lead up to my next FF. Iā€™m hoping I should do better on my MAP and FTP but those No Vid Progression workouts Iā€™ve found to be much harder than what I thought. So your not the only one but I think having an easy week at the end of the Block helps enormously.

1 Like

Interesting stuff. I actually preceded this threshold block with FF and a MAP block (substituting AWWNH for the 3rd effort week) and HM after some rest, so weā€™re following very similar paths.

As you and @Coach.Simon.B allude to, thereā€™s a good chance I havenā€™t had as much rest as I should have done. I monitor hr, hrv and bp every morning and these havenā€™t raised any flags. Iā€™ve even felt good going in to the workouts. Itā€™s a funny old game!

Weā€™ll get there. Iā€™m just pleased someone else found the progression workouts tough!

1 Like