Garmin Connect training status missing Systm activities

I doubt it’s due to riding on a Tacx trainer as that has no way to record anything, the ride is 100% recorded in SYSTM. When I do outdoor rides on my ELEMNT I import these rides into Garmin Connect as well then do a sync to my Garmin device.

The Garmin calculations are done on the hardware device not in the Garmin Connect software. The only other reason I can think it isn’t working for you is because you have a Garmin headunit? Which you’re not then synching with Garmin Connect after your SYSTM ride is uploaded? So Garmin can’t work it out. I have a Garmin watch that does my calcs so it is synching with Connect every 5 minutes or so, which is why I get to see my SYSTM workout effect on training very quickly.

Try synching your Garmin headunit with Connect so the headunit can see the ride and leave it connected for a couple of hours then resync and see if it shows.

2 Likes

That worked! It never occurred to me that sync’ing Connect with my Headunit (Edge 530) would populate additional info to Connect—but it does. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

No worries. It’s because your Edge does the calc. Rather than Garmin Connect. :grin:

Not sure which one did the trick but removed my Edge 530 from Garmin connect and then also removed Systm from syncing with Garmin and then set it back up again and it has got the training status working again on Garmin Connect.

AkaPete’s post re which apps count towards training status on Garmin Connect had me a bit worried that we were going to see greater isolation between the different systems (Garmin v Wahoo v …), although David.McQuillen.KOS’s recent post re outside rides now appearing on Systm calendar holds out hope this may not happen … hopefully! Fingers crossed anyway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi. This has always worked for me but the big issue has been the Physio TrueUp inside the Garmin app. I’ve always used my edge or Front Run we clock to get the numbers correct.

RGT rides are still not contributing to training status, it is syncing to Wahoo system, but not auto syncing to garmin

Importing fit data into garmin for now, even that does notupdate training status

2 Likes

Am.having this problem too. Have tried importing from Strava to Garmin as well but no dice. Back to dual recording Inguess given Garmin is how I track overall fitness and fatigue

1 Like

@DameLisa initially I thought you were incorrect in Garmin calculating Training Status for Systm workouts, but I’m happy that you are right. It is calculating TS from Systm workouts. Then when is this functionality coming to RGT. Wahoo needs to incorporate these 2 Apps much better IMO

I can go and check, but I THINK if I import an RGT .FIT into Garmin Cknnect, it calculates as well. Give me 5 minutes to check…

Ok the answer appears to be no. I did an RGT ride onnthe 17th of November. First screenshot. It shows the IF and TSS in the workout details, but it doesn’t contribute to fitness load. 2nd screenshot.

1 Like

Hi, and thanks for checking. I’ve used Garmin Wearables since 2015, how do you get to that LOAD Screen? I couldn’t find it.
EDIT: I just found it thanks

2 Likes

I had no idea this was possible. I’ve always just manually recorded on my Garmin watch. For folks who have this working, what is your sync sequence - SYSTM → Garmin Connect → Strava? Trying to avoid things showing up twice in Strava…

Systm syncs to Garmin Connect. Systm syncs to Strava. Garmin Connect seems smart enough not to sync to Strava when something is sync’d to ratger than recorded on a garmin device (Edge or Fenix) as have never had systm workouts show twice on Strava.

2 Likes

Thanks Dame Lisa!

Yup, can confirm Connect is smart enough not to pass on imported System workouts, so only one in Strava. Been using same process for last 2 years.

IIRC Garmin publishes a list of apps that have done the conformance to get imported and therefore load is calculated.

Assume as the beta for RGT is elsewhere they may or may not have a view, but consistency across Wahoo should be a key goal? @RGT-FB-Moderator

3 Likes

As SYSTM sends directly to Garmin Connect then it would be reasonable to hope that consistency across Wahoo will follow :slight_smile:
Was Sufferfest sending to Garmin Connect before Wahoo acquired them in July 2019?? I wonder if SYSTM only carries over the previous arrangement with Garmin? …

Yes, Systm inherited from Sufferfest.
I assume it’s triggered from app rather than cloud where all the workouts are being stored, so would likely be new development in RGT.

1 Like