Getting Back at IT after 4 - 5 weeks OFF

Greetings,

…The bike broke, well the fork. Still I cannot use it. It has been 3 weeks and still I don’t receive the new fork from Canyon so I’m guessing its going to be 4 to 5 weeks off the bike. The question is:

What is the best way to get back at it?

Should I retest HM to get the new numbers right away or should I try workouts like The Cure and see how things go? I have been trying to damage control with yoga and strength but that doesn’t hit the cardio like the bike. I just want to know what to expect, I’m afraid of seeing those numbers go down!

Cheers!

Not a coach or anything, but based on my own experience you probably haven’t lost too much fitness yet. Maybe do something like Recharger > Primers > HM to get your current numbers. Then pick up where you left off in your training plan, possibly repeating your most recent week.

3 Likes

I hope your new fork arrives soon! In the meantime checkout the all in plans where you can keep your yoga and strength ticking over.

In regards to your plan, 4-5 weeks won’t be too impactful. When your fork arrives you should be able to pick up your plan but startoff doing your last recovery week to get back into it before launching into the harder stuff.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers,

1 Like