I’m back…

First day back on the bike since Nov21st 2021. One hip replacement, 1 swelling, 1 investigative surgery, 1 confirmed infection and 1 complete hip revision and one loooong course of antibiotics and 3 lots of scar tissue later…. Fingers crossed.

21 Likes

Welcome back!

1 Like

remember to not overdo it! Even though it sounds like couchlandrian advice, it is important to reacclimatize to “Suffering” :slight_smile: welcome back all the best!

4 Likes

Been there, done that. I ended up needing two surgeries as well, the second being the hip replacement. Yes it is a long road back. But you can do this.

The best advice I can give you is to listen to your body. You will know the difference between being sore from a long layoff and pain. If you start feeling pain, shut it down and live to fight another day.

Also, do the ‘harder’ rides in Level mode. That way you can easily adjust to fit where you are at in the moment. You will be surprised at how quickly you can get back into a solid routine. Once there, the fitness and speed will come.

Best of luck and let us know how you are progressing.

6 Likes

Aye. Slow and steady is the plan.

1 Like

Welcome back … Full Frontal is patiently waiting for you, do not rush to it, but reading your post it will be piece of cake for you :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome back!

Welcome back! Great advice above!