I really want to use a SUF training plan but

Hi @Pierre - I’ve done some of these videos and while interesting as an idea, I have to admit to preferring my recovery or purely aerobic rides to be done outside of The Sufferfest so that I can use my own entertainment (usually YouTube, Netflix, or a podcast). I’ve been using my Roam for this low intensity stuff instead.

That being said, it’s a far better concept than reduced intensity versions of The Sufferfest videos. Even so, I’d still like (1) the NoVid workouts to be runnable on my Roam and (2) a Duathlon plan. :man_shrugging::grin: I get that this wish list isn’t exactly mainstream amongst the The Sufferfest user base, so I’ll probably be waiting a while …

2 Likes

Sufferfest is a collection of hard interval workouts for the most part. Doing a workout from time to time as a hard workout for it average person and doing one 4+ times a week at 100% are two totally different things.

Reduced intensity makes total sense to avoid too much TSS accumulation. You don’t want to be too spent to complete the next scheduled workout.

I do agree that it would be nice to have some more recovery oriented workouts set up which is why the suggestion with the inspiration videos above makes sense.

I see the ‘frustration’ of the video and targets not really matching but the reason for the different targets is pretty physiologically sound.

2 Likes

For reduced intensity rides, I ignore the storylines as they are not compatible with the session. I turn up my mellow playlist, and try to ignore the workout.

3 Likes

I meant to type enjoy the workout

Both work :joy::joy::joy:

But yeah, I tend to use the mini player and watch TV or run zwift at the same time.

1 Like