If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

I did a Full Frontal on Sunday, and realised (not for the first time) that I have literally no idea what happens in the video for the final one minute effort. Is there even a video? Is it just the same footage as in the last minute of Hammer 9, or something out of the end of Violator? Are there encouraging words? Trash talk? Rainbows and unicorns? I have no idea!!

11 Likes

Mmmm … Sorry, can’t help you. Generally just seems pretty dark so probably no video at that point. Definitely no bright rainbows or unicorns. Music? Would never hear it over my thumping heart. BTW you’re lucky you get only a minute at the end of your FFs. Although I’m told I have a minute coming up I’m sure it’s longer …

6 Likes

I can say for a fact I know what happens. A roundish black object with a gray background has some blurry words on it that gets clearer the longer you ride and it says 3T 90 mm, 6 Deg. at the end. I think it’s code but I don’t know what for.

11 Likes

Just don’t chew too hard on that object! I know by now it’s sweaty though.

3 Likes

Something like this?

10 Likes

Where did you get that from? Never seen it before.

:smirk:

6 Likes

No. Sound is a human perception.

In order for sound to exist there must be a source, a carrier medium, and a receiver.

Think Schrödinger’s cat - when you enter the pain cave you are neither alive or dead until you return :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The electromagnetic spectrum would like a word…

:thinking:

But sound is not an electromagnetic phenomenon. The equivalent would be “if a tree fell in the forest, and no one is around to see it, does it really fall?”

Sound is a compression wave in a medium. If a tree falls in the forest with no creature to hear it, the action still creates compression waves in both the air and soil. Thus, it still makes a sound.

It’s like baking a pizza that nobody eats. There’s still a pizza there.

1 Like

No - you have a pressure wave in a forest. The concept of sound does not occur until the pressure variations hits the tympanic
membrane and it is then converted into electrical impulses and the brain converts it into what the human brain recognises as sound.

The pizza only exists whilst you can see it. I could quite easily sneak in and eat the pizza while your back is turned. You may think it still exists but you’d be wrong. Nom, nom, nom :pizza: :yum: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure there is no video or sound in that last minute. Or closing sequence for that matter. I’m with Schrödinger on this one.

2 Likes

The skies darken, thunder quakes, and from the hills lazer goats appear to chase you down the final minute effort

5 Likes