Intermediate Gravel Grinder?

I’ll be doing a double imperial century in July. That being the case, I’m looking for a training plan that will help me prepare - 200 miles, 9000 feet of climbing.

The 200 mile gravel grinder is the only plan with the distance I’m training for. The weekend schedule doesn’t work for me, I can’t ride both Saturday and Sunday, that’s S-1 territory for me.

I’m considering a custom plan, but the 200 mile GG needs more options. Not everyone going that distance will be riding on gravel or capable of doing an advanced plan due to age or time constraints or both.

1 Like

I have the same issue with the back-to-back long rides in the GG200 plan: I’m old enough to need lots of recovery, and busy with both younger and older family depending on me. I’m currently following that plan, though, and dealing with it in various ways depending on the week. Sometimes I just shift the workouts around. Other weeks, I do a very long ride one day and skip the other. I’ve made peace with having imperfect compliance. I have to say, it’s working very well for me even if I’m not following the prescribed order or distance all the time.

I hope you love your ride this summer and find a training plan that prepares you well!

2 Likes