Just saying hi

just wanted to say hi! been a sufferlandrian almost a year now… finally decided to sign up for a forum account on here, been mostly posting to the sufferlandria FB group.

have you’ll suffered today?

10 Likes

Welcome @valmiki !

More than you…

3 Likes

Hello @valmiki
Today I suffer cobbler. And you?

cobbler as well :slight_smile: 104% after the first interval… 108% after the 2nd interval through the end… HR wasn’t in the range it should be in during 1st interval, figured i should up the power targets :slight_smile:

2 Likes

More than you.

2 Likes

More than you.

@way9e0 @Glen.Coutts you guys beat me to it! :wink:

:clap:t3: :clap:t3: :clap:t3:

2 Likes

it’s the traditional reply to the traditional greeting. We can all say it :slight_smile:

Although normally, it’s written as FFFFFFGGGHHAAA!!, which translates to “Yes! More than you, my doughy minion.”

Now, THHHPPHHHAABBBAAARFF! Translation: “You must excuse me. I must complete another interval of soul-shattering intensity and duration! May your competitors rue the day they pinned on a number!”

So, no worries. It’s all good.

5 Likes

Definetly “More Than You” I rode with Sir Neal & Sir Marcus … and survived.

5 Likes

My Kickr Core decided to quit working. So I suffered, just not in the intended way. :grimacing:

6 Likes

In all truth, though, today I “suffered” by riding Half the Road while watching the GP Cicliste La Marseillaise on GCN+…so not so much suffering. :grimacing:

First major pro road race of the year, though, so yay!

:biking_man:t3: :biking_man:t3: :biking_man:t3:

5 Likes

I Road Half the Road yesterday with the Stretchies. 30+ ‘breezes’ made it all the more special. (In case anyone is wondering, the residents of Homestretch Foundation are fondly called Stretchies.) It was an adventuresome ride.

3 Likes

Yak$h¥€! That’s just wrong. :disappointed:

2 Likes

I love Half the Road. Musta watched it at least a half dozen times. Never gets old. Always makes me angry.

10 Likes

Same.

6 Likes

Me too.

Since I didn’t want to feel angry today, I replaced it with Sunday from Hell. It was fun to see bike racing from back when skulls were helmets and pedals had clips. My first bike looked kinda like theirs and I didn’t need many tools to fully break it down and do things like lube the races in the hubs. Nowadays, you need a special tool and special knowledge for almost everything.

6 Likes

I enjoyed that film too but would have appreciated some subtitles for all the non English bits. Would have loved to know what the cyclists were saying.

4 Likes