Kickr Bike maximum decline stuck at -12%?

Can anyone actually decline to the advertised -15%? I’ve had three kickr bikes so far and they all get stuck at -12%. Is there some magical configuration needed?

It’s down to the bike fit that you’ve chosen. Certain setups limit the maximum decline - I think it’s based on some combo of the frame height (A, B, C etc.) and the extension of the top tube/set back.

Yeah, I remember reading that here.

Note: when the Wahoo app accommodates for a more aggressive fit, this may be accompanied be a slight reduction on downhill maximum slope from 15% to around 7-10%, depending on aggressiveness.

However wahoo support seems to think my problem was a strained cable, which kind of made sense at first, but now that I’m on my third bike I’m thinking it has to be something related to fit. I’ve not found the combination that gives maximum -15% decline though. I’ve pretty much tried all frame heights.

1 Like

i am beginning to doubt that any kickr bike reaches the maximum -15%. i am on my third bike now (2xv1,1xv2) and they all get me a maximum decline of -13%, straight out of the box without setting up a fit in the profile. u can see the maximum values for decline incline in the app for ur specific fit too, its always -15+20 for me, but with the hardware buttons i never reach -15.
i usually get -12%, then after some time cycling if i disconnect the bike from power and reconnect it, i get to -13% (once i reached -14% but not sure anymore). i have given up on that issue.

2 Likes

Wow i also have the same experience and number of bikes. Glad to know I’m not alone.

I just manually tilted mine to -15% and +20%. I’m taller than average, height is set at G, and top length settings are 10 cm in front and 11 in back, seat is high and bars are down low where they gradually end up no matter where they start. Bought the bike in October 21.

My V1 bought December 2022 does +16/-15% manually with the app showing range +15/-15% with standover set at C.

1 Like

My v2 does +20% / -15% and I have a B standover height.

Mine drops to -14%.
@CraigM Off topic but curious, what have you done to try to keep the bars from sliding down? I’ve never had the first hint of that problem, though I’ve heard of it before with others. I got my bike January of '22 from local shop who had several in stock, so not sure of mfg date.
I’m assuming you’ve already tried adjusting the QR nut to tighten it up, but if I’m wrong, maybe a try.
Likely you have, so I’m wondering if Wahoo offered any help fixing that? I couldn’t put up with bar height changing on me, and it must bother you too?

Wahoo had an article somewhere about how to fix it, it involved overtightening the QR nut and leaving it sit for a while. It slowed down the rate of creep, but it still slowly slides down. I’m afraid that I will snap the QR skewer it is so tight, and it still slips. If it does snap, I’m going to replace it with a nut and bolt that has no moving parts to worry about. I don’t readjust my bar height that often.

I used a hose clamp on mine. Once a had it at correct height I tightened a hose clamp to lock it in place. Hasn’t slipped since then.

The only other thing I’ve read about the “fix” involves silicone spray… Not sure if you did that with the overnight clamping fix…
Here’s a reddit thread that might offer some help, maybe or maybe not. One user tried “shims” successfully… another used a bike stem raiser add-on device, apparently.

That’s clever.

1 Like

i dont think that the maximum tilt value has anything to do with ur actually fit only with the values u enter in the fit setting in ur profile in the wahoo app. otherwise you should see some kind of electric “connectors” on the bike for frame height/fore/aft reach, saddle and handlebar heights, to tell the tilt actuator which position they are in but there is nothing like that to be seen on the bike.

I have no fit and only the default profile set up in the wahoo app, but still cannot go down to -15%.

Also, I didn’t change anything since starting this thread, but now I can magically go down to -13%…go figure.

1 Like