Kickr Bike Standover height slipping after 1 year of use

I’ve had my Kickr Bike for about a year, mostly riding in Nov-March. I probably have about 1,000 miles on it (just over 50 rides). Love the product.

However, starting yesterday, my standover height adjustment started slipping during rides. I usually have it set to G, and it will slip to F. Then, for an experiment, I tried riding at F and it eventually slipped to E. And I tried riding at H and it slipped to G. It slips about once every 20 minutes.

Any ideas how to fix this?

1 Like

I’ve seen similar issues from others who have had some success with carbon paste

1 Like

Thanks Glen. I wonder where they applied paste? Along the entire shaft? In the spring mechanism?

I’m not a Kickr Bike owner atm. Honestly I have no idea. You’d have to either Google it or reach out to wahoo support.

My first step would be support if it was me.

https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Gotcha. I suspect this is a unique issue, as Google and other forums have turned up empty. And I have submitted a ticket, so I’ll post any responses they provide too.

1 Like

My apologies. It was the handlebar height, not the seat post, that I had read about slipping where carbon assembly paste was the recommended solution.

For those interested, here are a few Facebook threads on the issue:

And another:

Looks like the answer is “tighten clamp 12 o’clock, remove handle (3mm Allen key) move to 11 o’clock and tighten before tightening the screw.”

And, if that doesn’t work, jam some cardboard into it!

fyi, those posts require you to be a member of that particular FB group.

Carbon paste or grip/anti-slip paste should do the job. I’ve had this happen on various road bikes, either when new or once they’ve been ridden a lot. Some paste will sort that out and not damage anything

The carbon paste is a good idea for the seat or handlebar posts. So thanks for sharing that idea. But slipping posts are not the problem.

The problem is the A-B-C-D-E-F-G height adjustment on a Kickr Bike. In this case, you need to tighten the clamp as previously mentioned in this post.