KICKR MOVE tilting to left

Anyone else having this issue even when the base is levelled as per the guide?

1 Like

Look a @GPLama video review. His needed an adjustment to be level.

Thanks, I have already seen that, and other written reviews allude to the problem as well.

But in order to make the bike saddle level (and generally feel level), I need to fully lock in the right axis foot, semi-lock out the left axis foot, and shim the front foot because the Kickr is now raised of the ground. The base looks completely uneven (it’s the same in GPLama’s video). Ultimately this resolves the feeling of being unbalanced but reduces the range of motion to the left.

I contacted support earlier in the week and they wrote this:

The track system has side-to-side play and when unweighted the flywheel will pull the bike to the left. Once a rider is in place it will counteract the flywheel weight.

I can say confidently that when you are on the bike, your weight does not completely counteract the flywheel (I am 70kg). There is a definite sensation of me being unbalanced unless I set the axis feet to extremes. Could you imagine having a 7kg weight attached to your left dropout and this not affecting the balance of the bike?

Keen to hear others’ experiences of this.

1 Like

Did you figure this out? I just unboxed and set up my new Kickr Muve. It is tilting to the left no matter how much we adjust it.

1 Like

I have mine adjusted to be a bit high to the opposite side and that has worked well for me despite being on a rubber mat on top of carpet.

What axis feet size are you using?

The mediums that came on it.

The answer is you sell it and buy a Tacx Neo with motion plates.

In seriousness though, you have to use the axis feet to cant the base rightwards as much as possible, shimming the front foot if it raises off the floor. You may also need to further shim the left foot to raise it further.

It defies belief Wahoo could sell this at such a cost.

Having done some further measurements, I no longer believe the issue is the with the flywheel. The top unit of the Kickr has an arc of movement of around 0.8 degrees. When the base is levelled (as per this link), the center of that arc should be 0 deg (vertical), left of arc should be -0.4 deg, and the right of arc should be +0.4 deg.

The problem is it doesn’t. The center is around -0.8, the left -1.2 and the right -0.4. So no matter how much you lean the right when you are riding the bike, you will never feel upright.

This is using a digital spirit level on the trainer “wheel” (which I assume must sit in the vertical plane to be in alignment with the cassette, the bike dropouts and the flywheel - it certainly feels that way to my body).

The net result is you have to set the base to a stupid angle for top unit to be able to be vertical. If I had known this I would never have bothered buying it. It is not that it is difficult to do, it’s the fact you have to bodge a $1,600 product.

My next question is whether this affects all units, or is an issue of manufacturing tolerances that is clearly affecting a large number (including influencer versions). But I am not seeing many people that have actually bought it.

I would suggest you contact Wahoo Support directly. I have found them to be very helpful and responsive.

I felt that on my Kickr CORE that my bike always felt like it was leaning a bit to the left. But whenever I measured it or observed my bike without me on it there was no lean. And when first on the MOVE it felt fine. As I rode it for a bit it felt as if it was leaning to the left some. I adjusted the level to the right a bit by adjusting the Axis feet. And then over the next couple weeks it seemed to have sorted itself and feels right as rain without me doing any additional adjustments. Some days I feel off, but not on others. So that could just be lack of sleep or weird body tightness in my hip flexors. :man_shrugging:

In reality, we all are a bit unbalanced on our bikes and can adjust our body position a bit to account a bit for some lean. And then our floors are also not perfectly level, as well, which can cause some additional issues. Sometimes it’s as simple as shifting the trainer and bike over a few inches to the side and that adjusts for odd lumps or bulges in our floors.

But in any case, I am not a technician - nor do I play one on TV.

The Wahoo support team, however, can give you great advice and help you look into if your trainer in particular has flaws in its build, etc.

1 Like

Yep, I’ve just taken delivery of a new KICKR MOVE and I’ve also got this horrible tilt to the left. I can mitigate with the adjustable floor feet/pads - no need to shim the middle leg pad at this stage for me. But it’s a horrid solution for such a premium product. Disappointed doesn’t begin.

Hi, same here, there is large tilt to the left and it’s not possible to correct it with the feet/pads. I have put in a ticket for Wahoo about this but I can’t understand why would my stationary weight compensate this tilt with stationary bike?

Will return the trainer if there’s no appropriate method to correct this since it seems to be an error with the product for me.

Just took delivery of mine and I’m really HATING THIS TILT TO THE LEFT!!! Ive been a Wahoo customer for many years, in fact this was a replacement of the first gen Kickr. I have your trainer (assuming you actually read this feedback?), I have two of your computers and I even have your Wahoo table to place my computer and bottles on while spinning away the miles.

This tilt does NOT go away with the adjustment of the feet, and no, my enertia does not take me back to center once at speed. I still feel like im tilting to the left… BECAUSE I AM… If I were to continue using this trainer as it is, I would have posture/balanced strength issues, no doubt.

This is clearly a design issue and Wahoo should address this with a viable fix immediatly. I did my research before investing in this upgrade, and not a single reviewer mentioned the tilt, and there is no way they would have ommitted that finding if they had the same product I do. Im not a noob in the cycling world, and I know what a trainer should feel like, and you guys have a problem here.

I will raise holy hell on line with Wahoo (you guys) if they (you) dont step up. 1,600.00 bucks is a lot of cash, and for that I expect a class A experience. This is not even a class C experience!

Hey Michael, sorry to hear this, sounds very uncomfortable to ride and I can imagine that is incredibly annoying. This is a public forum, and while Wahoo staff do ocassionally pop in, they don’t actively monitor this forum, its more for public users to discuss things. I’d recommend you contact Wahoo customer service direct (details on their website). As its weekend you may have to wait until Monday (USA time) for a response but they are pretty darn awesome at helping with issues with their products.

I totally get it is a frustrating experience but I find being threatening generally doesn’t result in better customer service. Wahoo are world class when it comes to sorting product issues with customers, so maybe give em a chance before threatening holy hell aye? Am sure they’ll sort you out pretty quickly. In the meantime, maybe some MOVE owners in the community may have had similar issues that were resolved through setup that can help.

Anyone?

3 Likes

@Michael_Hubbard Contact support.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

Just to be clear, had I come to this forum and found no one else with the exact same issue, I would not have “threatened” “holy hell”. The fact that several others have already posted with no viable response is what led me to the hell comment.

Relying inertia as the fix is not what I would call a solution. You can be sure that I will be contacting Wahoo tomorrow morning for a resolution.

1 Like

Please post the response.

Any updates on this? did this get resolved? Have the same issue

Same here, Wahoo are you actually seeing this? I’'m also pushing out on the left and in to the end position on the right, whats even more uncomfortable, the bike is not aligned pointing front! have a left angle.
This is an extreme disappointment, bought kickr, roller and a TACX, non of them fail its purpose like this one do! This is WAHOO’s current flagship product in the line, and it is terribly failing the purpose!

@Heng_Li They don’t usually look at the forum for technical issues. Contact support:

1 Like