Knighthood Quest 1/8/24

It’s been almost 2 years since I was honoured with my Knighthood and don’t want to risk GvA having my room tidied up by the minions and kicking me out of the castle.

Taken the last few weeks planning but totally forgot to announce my quest, so here it is…

1. Fight Club
  2. Angels
  3. The Chores
  4. The Best Thing in the World
  5. There Is No Try
  6. Rue The Day
  7. Thin Air
  8. The Trick
  9. The Model
  10. 14 Vise Grips

Am not repeating any rides from my first quest and doing a mix of some that I love - am looking at you The Model and Thin Air and some that I (love to) hate - maybe I’ll eventually learn to enjoy The Trick :nauseated_face:

Food prep is in progress and planning to start 04:00 BST tomorrow Thursday 1st August and should be reaching the castle around 14:30 BST.

13 Likes

NOICE!!! Always so impressed with Knights who re-up. Your menu looks, umm, interesting. There’s no way on Grunter’s scorched earth that I’d have Thin Air at #7 that’s one looooong relentless grind. But I’m not you, or I’d be doing another quest too, and doing it tomorrow :rofl:

You’ll CRUSH it Sir Phil @ediblehedge. It’s fine. You’ll be fine. It will all be fine.

6 Likes

Pretty sure you’ve done multiple Everestings so not immune to repeating daft things :smiley:

I was hoping to do a 10k vEveresting but couldn’t find a day I could devote 17 ish hours, so figured I might as well do another knighthood now and plan the vEveresting in a few months, hopefully before my free year of Zwift runs out in October

4 Likes

That made me chuckle. Yep yep. #relatable

3 Likes

Crush it, Sir Phil! And as Sir Glen, said…

images

3 Likes

Here’s hoping you won’t “Rue the Day!” Here in western North America I’ll only be awake for the last hour or so of your quest, but i trust it will be full of delightful Suffering!

2 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

And currently, Rueing the Day? :muscle::muscle::muscle:

2 Likes

Very very much rueing going on…

3 Likes

Half way :biking_woman::t_rex:

4 Likes

4 Likes

You are The Model Knight, Sir Phil. Crushing it like it’s nobody’s business!!

So you don’t feel sooo horrible and alone, imma go for a gravel cruise inna bit and will be gone a couple hours. That means I might miss your re-entry into the castle but you already know your way around. I took the liberty of sharpening the nails in your seat at the table as well as getting some older rusty ones for your mattress. I’ll dig em up for you when I return. For now though

3 Likes

On the home stretch at last….

3 Likes

Thank GvA that’s over :nauseated_face:

8 Likes

If you’ll take a suggestion, fire up a good series (I watched the entire season 1 of The Foundation, but select anything you want), and just hammer it till 10k.

4 Likes

I can see why people do that but I actually needed to be more engaged in what I was doing. Watched my avatar the whole time, each time.

2 Likes

Congrats once again Sir Phil!
Your seat and your quarters have been “freshened” up a bit!

Welcome home.

SufferKing Mattress

3 Likes