Short-notice KoS attempt

I’d been wanting to do this at some unspecified date for a while, but only found out just last night that today would actually work. So, without further ado, here’s the route I’ve picked, based primarily on avoiding anything with sustained efforts, since my fitness is heavily skewed toward short efforts:

1. The Best Thing In The World
  2. Butter (might as well get the April badge while I’m at it)
  3. Rue the Day
  4. The Model
  5. Power Station
  6. The Omnium
  7. G.O.A.T.
  8. Revolver
  9. Do As You’re Told
  10. Violator (which may be a terrible idea, but that makes it more Fun, right?)

With 14 Vise Grips and The Downward Spiral as alternates in case I get to the end and can’t make myself try Violator.

Here goes nothing!

13 Likes

Umm…well ok then!

Go get 'em!

SUFFER

3 Likes

Sweet jiblets!! Gooooo!!!

4 Likes

As somebody who woke up one day and did the do I commend your approach :smiley:

And, as Violator is the best finish for any day of doing anything (yeah, maybe biased :wink: ), I double commend you for your choice for #10 :+1::hamster:

GO GO GO

5 Likes

Violator at #10? THAT is true epic suffering.

We’ll be waiting for you at the castle gates. May your suffering be honourable and legendary!

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement! 3 down, feeling good so far. Next up is Butter, which I delayed so someone could join me for their badge. We’ll see how good I’m feeling after 3 more.

8 Likes

Wow - epic menu of suffering. We’ll make sure your room at the castle is suitable uncomfortable. Although with Violator at #10 you’re not going to need much help :scream:
Good luck!

5 Likes

Violator at all is crazy, but at #10?

This is bad idea execution at its finest!

5 Likes

Is Mike here yet? My eyes are getting kinda bloody with all the waitin’ and sufferin’ and such?

6 Likes

Halfway there, not feeling quite as good now after Rue the Day as #5, but still hanging on. Next up: The Omnium

Oh and Violator is an “empty the tank” sort of ride, and at the end I won’t have a lot of tank to empty, so it should be easy. That’s definitely how it works, right?

8 Likes

Okay Mike, you can call #5 the halfway point if it makes you feel better. It’s really #7. In any event, flogging station 3259 is waiting for me so I’ll see you once you’ve made it through the gates, provided someone remembers to open them.

Whatever you do, DO NOT STOP. At this point it is all mental (except all that horrible physical stuff you’ve set up for yourself but otherwise, yeh, all mental).

evil laugh

3 Likes

Well in that case, now I’m halfway! Feeling pretty rough but I know I can keep it together. Shuffled the order a bit. Next is Do As You’re Told, then GOAT.

6 Likes

9 down, Violator to go. I know I can get through this one, if only because I’ll have it in level mode and whatever power my legs can generate will be good enough.

8 Likes

Go go go, so psyched for you!

3 Likes

This is some awesome suffering. Violated at #10 is just evil.
Time to crack on with it!

4 Likes

If SYSTM is still around in November I’ll be doing Violator last, as well. :+1::smile:

7 Likes

And it’s done. Thanks for all the discussion and support! I’ll write up a summary later but for now I’m going to go do nothing for a while.

14 Likes

Welcome to the Castle!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your glorious suffering for the greater good of our mythical nation Sir Mike!
Welcome to the castle, take a breather while the minions prepare to serve you up with a sumptuous dinner of a plate of nails and the finest Harsh Red Whine or if you prefer, you could also get the some Real Pagne too.

Treats on the house :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes