KOS - Stopping Thinking & Ride!

Power Station done - I must have plugged in wrong because I’m exhausted! On to my nemesis - Revolver.

7 Likes

Bah!!! It’s only 15 intervals. Think of each one like a slice of pie. Only the pie is a 1 minute flogging and you don’t even like pie.

2 Likes

Just remember the exhaustion will pass. In 3 or 4 days :smiling_imp:

Revolver AND Omnium in a knighthood quest - seriously impressive suffering :slight_smile:

You got this!!

1 Like

Waiting for an update , c’mon man!

2 Likes

Revolver done - OMG who’s brilliant idea was that??!!! On to The Omnium

5 Likes

Lol. If you don’t ask yourself this question at least once on a Knighthood Quest you’re not suffering enough :wink:

You’re nearly “halfway”. Do Not Stop!!!

2 Likes

Halfway! The Omnium complete. Cav still beat me in that sprint. One day…

5 Likes

Apparently I can follow directions - I did what I was told! though I am at a point I don’t recall. On to Rue the Day.

5 Likes

There will be rueing!!

1 Like

So true. It was terrible rueing. Please sir, you can have the rest! On to G.O.A.T. I am on adrenaline only now .

4 Likes

Seems like right where you should be. :smirk:

It’s all mental after # 7 (plus all the horribly physical stuff).

Nearly done and soon there will be much rejoicing.

1 Like

Too tired to rejoice. Mike Cotty did me in. But we finished G.O.A.T! Had a glitch where my Ant connection disappeared after the last climb. Hopefully the minions will be forgiving. Please!! Recap in more detail to come. I’m need to move before I cannot. Thank you all

7 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy:

Congrats Sir @glm8408 well suffered.

Your seat at the table is prepped and sharpened.

And your room at the castle has been meticulously prepared. It’s so uncomfortable you’ll love it.

SufferKing Mattress

1 Like

what-happened-eugene-levy

I stayed up watching the gates as long as I could, but it got dark up there on the ramparts. Once I heard Fluffy out snuffling around in the dark I locked myself in my cell.

And the goats…

Original

4 Likes

Congrats, epic Suffering, and welcome to The Castle good Sir.

2 Likes

Thank you all! What an amazing adventure. Clearly one of the hardest things I’ve done physically and mentally. In reflection, these are the things that worked well:

• Advice from this group was always worth considering and proved to be very helpful. Especially feedback on ride order, nutrition advice, and managing expectations during the challenge.

• Mental Strength Training was as critical as the physical training - without it I would not have made it after ride 6. My apologies to all of those who ride “Rue the Day” and find all the stop signs littered everywhere.

• Wardrobe changes - so unbelievably helpful. Along with this, the investment in quality bibs or shorts is worthwhile. And having enough jerseys to swap every other ride or more often was helpful - riding in wet gear is no fun.

• In the Tapers prep the focus in the latter portion brings up the precise versus perfect. I honed in on that and it was hugely helpful. Didn’t get distracted if something wasn’t exactly how I expected. Didn’t worry about zones. Just focused on mental prep for the next challenge - drink, eat, breathing prep and go. It took loads of stress off during the rides.

And in further analysis these were the things that didn’t work or could improve:

• The Omnium at #7 following Revolver - was a mistake. I still like The Omnium but at this time it was a total grind. Revolver in the mix was just impossible. The cadence demands were just so hard and then doing it again on The Ominium was oppressive - it was a mental, as well as physical, pounding. I would have put Power Station at #7 and The Ominum at #4. And would someone please get that guy in the purple shirt out of the way in Power Station. I stress out everytime he runs in front of the cyclist!

• Nutrition - had plenty but didn’t get enough calories in. I believe I had about 1,000 calories. It should have been double that. I made it and didn’t feel like I was close to bonking, but I was fortunate. A hotter day or tougher rides and it might have been a different story. More practice with nutrition with multiple events would be helpful. Never hesitate to eat. On the positive side my Chief Minion was such a help in support. I hate peanut butter, but her PB Toast was from Heaven during The Bat.

• Break events - I thought I had this dialed in with a solid plan - but to paraphrase a military sentiment, no plan will survive the initial goat sighting! And so the break plan was a total loss. By the third break I focused on 6 things, in order - load next event, update, shoes off, kit change, bio, and shoes back on. Stretching, eating, water, sitting, chatting - gone. I set an alarm for 9 mins when I was just under 1 min remaining in my previous event. When the alarm went off I was usually just putting on my shoes and getting on the bike.

All in all - it was a miserable day but ended with a significant personal reward. I felt that! The advice was tremendous, the support as much so. So to all Knights in waiting - take the training sessions, take the mental strength training, and read every post you can find. And - watch some of the videos available.

Today, while sore, I am rested, mostly from the wonderful bed of nails I had to rest upon last night - Thank you Sir @Glen.Coutts, but glad to have achieved something that pushed me above my limits.

16 Likes

#relatable

But yep, that reward and the satisfaction of accomplishing something that you might otherwise have thought impossible. That is Mt. Sufferlandria. CONGRATS once again! Bask in the glory that is forever yours and shared with the greatest mythical nation in the whole wide world!

3 Likes