Lands End to John O'Groats

Completed ny longest multiday event of riding from Lands End to John O’groats. Covered 1664km (1034miles) and 18023m (59130ft) of climbing in 12 days. Mostly around 100miles a day with a couple of shorter recovery days.

Horrendous flooding early on which made for some long days due to road closures.

Really enjoyed the ride and company of 8 other riders including a hand cyclist. Had excellant support from SportiveHQ which provided food/water at 25, 50 and 75miles.

Mostly used the 200mile gravel grinder plan to prep for the ride.

30 Likes

Brilliant work. Congratulations!

3 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

Great job. GCN did this in one go to set the Fastest Known Time and it was a beast then and with road closures, probably more of a beast. Huzzah.

2 Likes

Outstanding

1 Like

Wow! Fantastic job. Well done!

1 Like

That’s epic! Well done Sir @Winterswim
I did the virtual challenge of LEJOG earlier this year over a period of 4 months and received some really nice postcards :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Sir Darren I hope some day you get the chance to ride the route for real. Stunning scenery and interesting to see the differences in field crop conditions across different Counties. Best cycle paths were just north of Perth. Best ice cream at Callestick Farm in Cornwall and best Dexter Beef cobs were in Cumbria :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Word!

That would be on the bucket list Sir!
But first, I need to get enough money to be able to afford the journey to UK :smiley:

1 Like

Did it solo a few years back, took a meandering route ,the sense of achievement stays with you, well done

3 Likes

Thank you. On the long drive back home it sank in just what a distance had been ridden. A great way to explore the UK

1 Like

Amazing achievement! Congratulations!

1 Like

Cheers