Last Chance to See: Some Inspiration Films

It is one of my favorites as well!

The last time I heard a platform say “More like wallet getting too empty”, it wasn’t long before the platform ceased to exist.

2 Likes

Don’t jest…

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve done 87% of the inspiration rides so some new material will be very welcome. 3 departing videos I’ll need to catch before they go.

1 Like

good grief. :grimacing:

And I just got the Inspiration badge… up we go again :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ouch but pretty much inline with a lot of companies in the industry right now.

That doesn’t look good at all!!

Glad I opted to not prepay for an additional year. Who knows what Wahoo may look like in six months or a year?

1 Like

I’m minimally torn about that but MOSTLY GLAD I DID PREPAY another year even beyond the 5 or 6 months left I already had in the bank. My little bit won’t make the difference, but I hope enough folks DO prepay that it helps swing the balance toward survival and eventual recovery of the company!
I think the KICKR is a FABULOUS indoor bike, and SYSTM is WAY MORE what I’m looking for than other apps. (And I paid full price for my KICKR in January 2022, and it was tough to see it going for as low as 40% off that price by year end, but I’m still glad I got it!)
What a shame it would be for all this to go away!! I’d like to say I want to grow old riding SYSTM, but in reality, I’m already there! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I wouldn’t read too much into that. Like anything, we have a budget for the Inspiration category. That means we need to cut old films in order to bring in new ones and still remain in budget.

7 Likes

Thanks for the heads up notice, but since so many people don’t and won’t ever utilize the forums, and the fact that you can only stumble on a notice in the individual description area in the Library of videos/workouts, I’d like suggest that future notices (be they monthly or whatever) be included in a card on the Home tab of the SYSTM app.

Thanks again. Got all these on my workout calendar before they are gone if I had not done them yet.

3 Likes

@DouthatBiker I understand your sentiments. I also have a Kickr bike and like you paid full price. I love the bike. As far as enough people prepaying, that window has closed. You question should be, DID enough people prepay to swing the balance. I too have tried several other apps and like Systm the best, influenced in no small part to my old Sufferfest experience.

Call me crazy but with the pandemic, I thought people being housebound were flocking to home exercise. This should have helped all platforms gain subscribers.

I would hate to see it go by the wayside as would all users. My comment was simply a realistic acknowledgement that those prepaid subscriptions MAY be in some peril. I sincerely hope not.

1 Like

What did Lachlan do to upset the Minions–suffer too much? :slight_smile: Looking forward to the new series… I guess that All Inspiration badge will be the :carrot: forever just slightly out of reach!

6 Likes

That supports my supposition that the renewal deal was to raise cash quickly.

2 Likes

In the United States, at least, interest in cycling has gone through cycles of a great deal of interest, and then a loss of interest. People now have other things to spend on with their entertainment money.

My local bicycle shop tells me that things are much worse now.

2 Likes

I’m not sure you’ve paid for our last argument yet so…

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed most of the Inspiration films that have appeared in my training plans. They really do make those low intensity rides go by much faster.

That said, I don’t think there are any that I would really enjoy seeing multiple times, so great news that some of them will be replaces by new ones. If 10-20 are replaced by new ones every year, that would be great.

Kudos on the advance notice as well, it’s appreciated!

Of course, being lazy at manual workout scheduling, I would really like it if there was a way to tell a training plan that you don’t want to rewatch old Inspiration videos, so it would replace them with ones you haven’t seen yet… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This is true. Also the high inflation ushered in over the past two years has meant less dollars to spend on non-essentials. I have several friends that have eliminated some platforms because they don’t have the discretionary income to keep them.

3 Likes

That wasn’t an argument, that was pure contradiction.

1 Like