Last Minute Decision KoS/CoS Zwift rides March 15: 1:15 PM CDT

Feel free to join me in this 2nd of I have no idea how many LMD rides in Zwift.

I’ve tee’d up the OG Fight Club in SYSTM and will do some extra Z1-2 volume to complete the route. Ride is banded so no-one (including me) will get dropped.

ALL are welcome.

1 Like

Heya Sir G, I was going to come alomg but I really need to do a 3 hour zone 2 and the weather is MINT in the context of a rapidly approaching winter so I wont join you this time. Outside for the win

5 Likes

Every time! Enjoy. Spring is trying to make its way here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While spring for you is awesome, I still wish for a smidgeon more summer :pray:t3:

2 Likes

I hear you, Dame Lisa. Now if only I could convince my wife that we ought to move to NZ :joy:

2 Likes

If you REALLY like summer weather, move to Australia :+1:

4 Likes

We both prefer something more temperate, tbt. Which is what makes it tough where we are. Winters can be brutal and so can summer. winter can get to -40° C and summer can often see mid-high +30°s C.

2 Likes

What kind of humidity?

Generally dry, so not horrible in that sense

2 Likes

Mmm, we had a good few weeks of 30 degrees…with close to 100% humidity.

3 Likes

How about considering Malaysia? Sunshine all year round, just that when it rains, it really pours :sweat_smile:

You know… tropical climate :slight_smile:

1 Like

From your own descriptions I think the heat + humidity might do me in. :hot_face:

It’s not that bad, really :wink:
Plus the food is great! Haha

2 Likes

Watching Francis Cade and friends ride across one of the islands right now. Looks like he’s having his share of issues.

Ah! I just watched the first 3 parts of this journey. By far the funniest bit is opening the packet of crisps. :joy:

In terms of the climate, maybe for us coming from SEA, the temperature during the day is bearable because that’s what we really have all year round. It’s only during the year end, in the months of November till January it’s a little cooler. But if we say it’s hot, you have to believe us that it’s hot.
On average, the temperature is about 30 centigrade during the day.

1 Like

What’s the humidity. We’ll soon be in the 30s but with 10% humidity you have to be very careful you don’t dehydrate.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. Hit 82F yesterday, so 28C. Will soon be regularly in the 30s and 40s C here for a few months. Average high of 41 for July and August. The low humidity helps (typically single digits).

To be honest, I never really knew the summer temperatures in the US can actually go up to the 40’s C (circa 104F) :hot_face:

For us here in SEA and typically here in Malaysia it usually hovers about in the range 30C (86F) to about 32C (89F). But currently we are experiencing a kind of heatwave brought about by the El-Nino phenomenon causing the temperatures to reach up to about 34C (93F).
In terms of humidity over here, it’s usually in the 50+% range and can go as high as 85% during the monsoon season.

Not sure if Francis and friends are still here in Malaysia at this point in time or when they arrived in Malaysia for their bike packing trip. The weather here over the last 2 weeks has been really terrible. :frowning:

2 Likes

In the Desert we get 115F a few times in the Summer months. It’s a “dry” heat with humidity in the single digits. Dehydration rescues are quite common. I carry about three liters of fluids if I’m doing anything of intensity during those months.

3 Likes

Yep. Middle of June thru the middle of Sept in Las Vegas have regular high temps most days around 104F and weeks at a time over 110F. Thankfully with under 10% humidity.

2 Likes