Longer Yoga videos?

Hi there

Big fan of the yoga, but I find myself switching over to longer sessions on YouTube (with Adriene) quite often. Nothing wrong with a quick 15 minute session here and there, but a lot of times it feels too quick or I want something more substantial, if that makes sense.

I wouldn’t mind some longer videos (30-45 minutes).

So more videos like Lower back routine and Back strenghteners, please!

9 Likes

@abicarver from Yoga15 has a few longer videos on her website. It’s well worth the subscription!

5 Likes

Thank you so much Santiago :relaxed:

I love the videos.
I know what you mean though, sometimes would be nice to hold the poses longer and have a longer session as a result.

I would echo this request. For the past year or so, Friday has become my day off the bike / turbo and I’ll usually do 2 SUF yoga sessions before breakfast. I would be great to have 30 minute sessions which allows time for each rep’s (though some of the core exercises already have me praying for the end of the rep!) and more time to stretch out.

I’ve been doing the SF yoga videos for 2+ years now and I supplement them with a course I purchased, called Gravity Yoga. They are still only 20 min videos, but they are body area specific, and you are holding the poses for 5 mins. I also did a 21 day hip opener course with the same yoga teacher. It has really pushed my flexibility. I still do a couple with Abi every week if I want a general ‘stretch’.

One more thing, when doing the Abi videos, I sometimes pause them for longer holds. I just hit the spacebar on my wireless keyboard!

I started Yoga way back in 2013 with the DVD of Ryan Leech ‘‘Yoga for Cyclists’’. (now digitally available) :sweat_smile:

Nowaday, there is Ryan Leech Connection: a collection of online classes for Mountain Bikers that includes several Yoga sessions and videos ranging from 15 min up to 60 min and more.

Since Ryan Leech Connection is oriented everything mountain bike, the yoga routines are great for cyclists; hips opener, back strengtheners, mobility, links, etc.

Pro:

• Routines of variable length.
  • Deeper/longer respiration (versus Yoga on SYSTEM app).
  • Deeper stretch
  • Warmer feel (vs Yoga on SYSTEM app)
  • This depends of your preferences, but some of the video on RLC focus on your mindset, breathing and awareness.

Cons:

• Subscription/Monthly fee (but you can download the majority of the videos and watch offline with any player)

Bref, I think you get that I like the Yoga routines from RLC. I think most of us, cyclists, should at least give it a try.

Right now, I’m doing Yoga via the SYSTM app as they are readily accessible, short and precise. This is perfect as prepping for or after high intensity training.

The best would be to have the short and precise yoga practices from Abi Carver and the longer and deeper stretch version of Ryan Leech. :thinking: :exploding_head: Please Wahoo makes it happens. :pray:t2: :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

+1 an adding some longer videos @abicarver does have some longer videos!

3 Likes

This is true. I have a number of 30-minute and hour-long videos.

3 Likes

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback on the yoga.

2 Likes

@abicarver How do we start a petition to have Wahoo incorporate your longer videos into Systm? (With suitable compensation to Abi of course)

3 Likes

If you forward the petition, I will support it!

4 Likes