Maddie Le Roux in Academy Finals

Have you seen that Maddie - who you all probably know from the “Road” workout of the “A week with UCI cycling centre” - made it into the final round of this years Zwift Academy? In the training session of that video Maddie is dishing out some serious pain so I hope she will do the same in the final round of the academy. At least I know who I am rooting for this time.

20 Likes

I thought I knew her from somewhere…

3 Likes

@Holger1980 “This is your moment Maddie!”

5 Likes

HEY YEAH! Totally forgot about that connection - been awhile for my UCI efforts. Good on her!

Takes the sting out of my missing the cut a little… :smirk:

3 Likes

Spoiler alert!

I just saw an Instagram post saying that Maddie won the Zwift Academy competition! :clap:

This really is her moment! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Oh for @#$% sake, @way9e0. SPOILER ALERT! Just started watching the series on Eurosport…

:sob::sob::sob:

(it’s all good)

3 Likes

I am sorry Sir @CPT_A .

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I couldn’t be happier with this year’s outcome of the academy!

5 Likes

Just finished. YAY! (Women)

Had hoped differently for the men. I mean - aside from myself getting selected. I’m confident i was in the top 50k.

:smirk:

5 Likes

I think the men’s result was in a way the obvious choice. If you have one guy being a GC rider type he is already in the disadvantage with the team who needs to pick the winner. And the other guy who was not chosen demonstrated quite impressive how he is not a good sportsman after being told the results.

3 Likes

I tend to agree with the announcers, that it really came down to age - a lot more time to develop a younger rider, offers the potential for a higher ceiling.

2 Likes

I just found out, that Maddie is now riding together with Selam again, who we also got to know during the Week with the UCI cycling center. Isn’t it great to see it developing so well for the two of them?

12 Likes

Didn’t know that. That IS cool!

I kept tabs on her during her off season in SA.

2 Likes

And would you like to know what’s even better? In her first race for the new team, Maddie became third :3rd_place_medal:!

5 Likes

That is a great result. WOW!

2 Likes

So she’s on loan to a French domestic squad? Because Canyon SRAM was in the race, and had three riders finish right behind her. :thinking:

2 Likes

I couldn’t even work out why she was in a different team.

I wonder if Canyon/Sram will be doing some team reshuffling.

1 Like

That’s procyclingstats.com lagging in their updates. FirstCycling got it right:

and she was wearing the Canyon Sram jersey:

4 Likes

Yeah thanks. Saw the podium pic and figured it must’ve been a glitch.

:+1:

3 Likes