Mt Washington

I apologised to a new mechanic for bringing in my bike filthy recently. He walked round it, wiped his finger on the chain (barely a black mark) and then told me it was cleaner than brand new. He also told me that over 90% of the bikes that come in, he spends nearly an hour using a flat head screwdriver to scrape old crusty lube off the cassette and jockey wheels and chainrings and from between the chain links :nauseated_face:

There was a bit of dust on my frame from my last ride. Well below my regular standard.
I washed my gravel bike on Saturday. Rode it Sunday morning. Washed it. Rode it Sunday night and washed it again on Monday morning. Photo below is the post Sunday night ride. It really needed a wash and I felt guilty going to bed with it in thisbstate overnight.

5 Likes

This is great. You guys are inspiring me to get in there and learn this stuff. I mean, if I can learn how jet engines work, I should be able to learn basic bicycle maintenance.

Regarding my immediate needs, I solved my problem the American way: I threw money at it. NBD is tomorrow.

That said, I tried running today and my hammy was having none of it. I think I may have torn the doggone thing. :confused:

Wish I could give this picture 10 hearts.

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

1 Like

OK Sir Alex - what have you chosen?

(Sorry to hear about the hammy but the NB is bound to make you feel better!)

I sprang for a Trek Domane with sub-1:1 granny gearing. I look forward to spinning it up when I return from my current trip. :blush:

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful bike. Congratulations!

2 Likes