My 'cyclist' on RGT coming to a stop

I have had a few times while riding RGT, that my cyclist stops pedaling, cadence and power drop to zero. I am still pedaling however. After 15 - 30 seconds the cadence and power come back.

Tonight it did that twice before dropping out and my ‘cyclist’ came to a stop. I am assuming this is due to my internet connection dropping off, or at least drifting away. Is that a good assumption? If that is not the cause, any ideas what it might be?

I am hopping it is because next week I am dropping my 100Mb cable internet for 1Gb fiber with 2 eero Pro 6 extenders.

1 Like

Yep, happened to me on the AWT ride. Bit of a bugger as we’re having a nice chat.

Also, on the subject of RGT, my Apple TV version has way less detail than the iOS version (which I can mirror from to ATV) is that right or have I missed a setting? Probably a PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer!)

My memory is fuzzy but I think it could be a network connection problem or a problem with the ANT+ or Bluetooth connection. Hopefully for you it is the network and it’ll be sorted with your upgrade!

The support pages are worth a read if this happens more.

1 Like

An Apple TV cannot manage as high a level of detail as a powerful PC or Mac. There is a setting for the detail level so you can have some control, albeit compromising the frame rate at higher levels. During a ride go to Menu > Options.

1 Like

I had that issue in the past - in the end I found out it was due to a faulty adapter that I was plugging my Ant+ adapter into.

What’s your hardware setup like at the moment?

I have a dedicated Windows 10 laptop. I wiped it clean so there is nothing on it but cycling (RGT) and a browser for Systm. The bike (Wahoo Kickr) connects directly to the laptop via the built in bluetooth. My HRM connects via Ant+ adapter. Pretty straight forward.

I used to have this exact problem when I had a Tacx Flux S. I put a mirror next to it and you could see that the Ble had stopped flashing.
My Ble was via a dongle about 8 feet away.
I put that on an extension lead 2 feet from the trainer and that solved it :slightly_smiling_face:.
Since then I moved to a Kickr V5 which has better Bluetooth :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Do you have any other Bluetooth devices connected nearby (headphones, speaker, keyboard etc.)? There’s a small chance interference with another device could be causing issues.

1 Like

No, nothing. My bike is in the garage and the only other blue tooth devices are in my office which is upstairs at the back of the house.

Hi, I just wondered if you were still having this problem?