🚀 🚀 🚀 NEW IN SYSTM: On Location: Southern Tasmania 🚀 🚀 🚀

Ah ok, thanks for explaining! I can see the value in that.

Wouldn’t it then be nicer to have a “slope mode” option in the On Location ride? Then you still get the intensity of the climb (albeit at the video"s speed, not yours) and all the other good stuff. Perhaps I’ll suggest that in the feature requests :slightly_smiling_face:

It would be! That’s something on our radar for the future. Not on the road map yet, but something we’d love to do.

2 Likes

Thanks! The Cygnet ride is my favourite. It’s just in an absolutely stunning location, the road is fantastic and Nicole is the perfect guide for it. Working with our Point-of-Interest guests – Matt the Artist, Paul the Winemaker and Guliana the Chef – was super fun (and we got to eat that fabulous pasta that she and Nicole made!). More to come in the future as Michael Cotty is currently on-the-road in Europe for On Location. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

These rides are not yet available on my Mac. Any time frame for this?

Hey Brian. Try closing the app and reopening - you should see them then.

I had a go of the Cygnet Coast Magic Road today. First time using the magic roads as well. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I hope that this is going to be a thing going forwards now for all the new On Location videos release.

Would be nice if someone at Wahoo could create some magic roads for the other On Location routes from Mike Cotty, etc…

Yep, we’re on it. Cotty is on the road right now – Portugal, actually – filming some more On Location films and as soon as he’s got some internet to upload us some GPX files, we’ll get them in there.

12 Likes

Hi I did the Kunanyi ride today and really enjoyed the commentary and whole on location experience. There did seem to be a few bits where Nicole’s instructions were out of sync with workout though. Most notably at the ‘top’ of the effort above ftp she was saying last push and the workout dropped down in intensity. Also the whole thing finished abruptly just as she was finally getting to the top. The overall time registered as the 1hr 9min but distance was 29.50 instead of 30k. Any thoughts if there is a glitch?

Have absolutely loved all the On Location rides, but this new set from Tasmania have been brilliant. Have done them all at least once and did Cygnet Coast Road for the second time this morning. Definitely see myself doing these more regularly. New virtually nothing about Tasmania so was great to learn more about it too.

Love Portugal and really looking forward to these ones - can’t wait :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I did the Cygnet Coast Road On Location session this morning, and loved it!
The repeated efforts get tiring towards the end, and I felt pretty burned out after the final few efforts.
But what a great session!
I’ll lilkely try the RGT Magic Road version next time the weather is rainy…

Rob

2 Likes

Sorry about that! Just fixed it up. Should be fine now.

3 Likes

Rode Kunanyi this evening. Beautiful location, and a decent workout. Really enjoyed this one!

1 Like

So glad you enjoyed it – it’s one of my absolute favorite roads down here in Southern Tasmania. Nicole absolutely smashes it.

3 Likes

@David.McQuillen.KoS @Cody.Moore
Maybe this is already done, would it be possible to get a list of all of the magic road IDs listed in one place . If this is already somewhere sorry for not checking properly.

@Padair This site has the numbers.

1 Like

Thanks, this does not really answer my question. I would like an easy way to see the sysm loaded rides and not everyones.
I searched for systm and there are none up there

@Padair Ah - okay my mistake. There are no SYSTM workouts loaded yet. I have been able to send some of the NoVids that I created in TrainingPeaks via the workouts@rgtcycling.com address but otherwise we are all awaiting that functionality.

1 Like

Also just completed Cygnet Coast Road (or maybe "Attacker2.0)…epic! I’m sure there was some amazing scenery however I was too busy chewing stem. The endless surges were quite taxing…but I loved it! On Location rocks!!

3 Likes

Cygnet Coast Road is on my calendar for later in the week and, looking at the graph for it, it seems to resemble one of the pro rides. Should I follow the pro ride advice of ERG mode with consistent cadence to get the best from this one too?

I’ve done it several times in ERG mode and that went pretty well. Just make sure your trainer is responding really quick and prefer Bluetooth over ANT+ to manage the changes in power.
However, if you are in tip-top condition you can try to do it in Level mode and see how hard you can hit it.

3 Likes