NEW in the SUF App: Our 'INSPIRATION' category

For those who are currently in the middle of a training plan but want to update their calendar in order to have their plan schedule the latest content, take these steps on the macOS/Windows app:

1. Load the app and navigate to your calendar, then

2. Doing so will load the plan detail modal, where key info on your plan is summarised:

3. With the discipline, level, cross-training and end date noted, navigate to the Training Plans section and pick the corresponding plan. Adjust the variables (MTP/strength/yoga) and schedule your plan ‘From Finish’. Then, use the date picker to shift the new plan to the same end date as your previous/active plan. Confirm by clicking ‘Select Plan’
    Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 9.10.47 pm

4. Doing so will load the new plan with the Inspiration workouts, and it will only change the calendar going forward, without altering any previous calendar data.

5. You can delete the ‘old’ plan by tapping the same bar from step one and selecting the “…” in the plan detail modal, and then ‘Delete plan’. Again, this will only affect future calendar events and won’t delete historical data.

Enjoy your inspired suffering! :smiling_imp:

16 Likes

Excellent addition! Are these videos offered in a netflix like model? In other words do I need to worry that the season 1 offering disappears when season 2 is announced?

Love this!! Is it possible to add a filter so that you can find the Inspiration videos easily?

Perfect timing! Today was a recovery day for me so I decided to take a peek at the new Inspiration offerings. I did Across the Mountains; I was impressed and inspired.

Very well done! This is much better than just watching my green line move across the bottom of the screen.

Bravo to SUF

1 Like

Amazing, great to see the additions related to what I found annoying so far after 3 months SUF (reduced intensity sessions) and what I have been doing myself already (watching Netflix/Documentary’s), but now easier!

1 Like

My feeling is that this addition to the app will have massive appeal. I’m going to try “Rise From The Ashes” today.

2 Likes

Just ran The Making Of An Hour Record, definitely a great addition for the easier rides!

I’m a bit worried it was fake though as Sir @Coach.Neal.H was pretending to be a nice guy for the WHOLE video!! :rofl:

7 Likes

This feels like a cracking update. It makes me want to jump back on the trainer - 'nuff said.

3 Likes

How can I export to Training Peaks?

This is outstanding. Just did the Dennis video, very interesting way to mix it up.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow with The Holy Week.

Also happy to see Half the Road on it to expand the audience for such a stellar documentary.

2 Likes

There is a filter for these - under the menu where you’d select “All Cycling”, “Sufferfest Video”, and so on, there is now an “Inspiration” type.

2 Likes

This is awesome indeed!

1 Like

I love the music in Chasing Legends. I had downloaded it few years back to use while training. I can only imagine how cool it will be to watch the film followed by a workout specifically created.

1 Like

So many good videos in here. Took me a long time to try and pick one. I wanted to do them all!

I watched The Making Of An Hour Record. Worked great. Can’t wait to do more of these!

1 Like

That was the one I chose to do today too. Great minds or something :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

All films will be in the app for at least a year. So Season 1 films will remain when Season 2 launches.

6 Likes

There is a filter, just make sure that you’ve updated to version 6.19

Great new feature, thanks. I did Changement de Roux tonight though and could not find how to get the subtitles on. I used the tips, made sure video fit to the available viewing area, got rid of the all the power/heartrate targets and tried different combinations but still no subtitles. Looks an interesting film though and once sorted will watch again. I had pre downloaded vid just incase that makes any difference.

I think watching the green line is part of the SUF mental toughness training!!! :thinking: