NEW in the SUF App: Our 'INSPIRATION' category

Get out the popcorn — we just launched an entirely new kind of content in the Wahoo SUF app. Open it up (make sure you’re on version 6.19 of our app – update if you’re not) and you’ll find our ‘Inspiration’ collection with 31 (!) different cycling films covering everything from adventure stories to documentaries to personal stories. There’s Chasing Legends , a profile of the legendary HTC-Colombia pro team and the incredible Mark Cavendish. Or maybe you want to watch Half the Road , an in-depth look at women’s cycling and the fight for equality. Want to escape? Then hit up The Frozen Road for a journey into the arctic circle or Moon Rider to go deep into the mind of an elite athlete trying to succeed on the world stage. Whatever your mood, I’m absolutely positive that we have something in there that you’ll love.

And, since this is a training app - not a cinema - every one of these films has an associated recovery or endurance workout. We haven’t had enough of those types of sessions in our library, but now that space is well and truly covered. So, while you watch, you’ll boost your aerobic fitness or help your body recover from a tough training block. What’s more, we’ve updated all of our training plans to include a selection of these films where appropriate . That means you won’t see so many of the regular Sufferfest workouts at a reduced intensity, an aspect of our plans that could be quite confusing — especially for new Sufferlandrians.

My personal favorites from Season 1? It’s tough to choose only a few, but I loved Kayabike — an absolutely beautiful story that really shows how bikes (and good people) can change lives. I found the quiet, melancholy Changement de Roux to be a powerful statement about, well, finding a way to survive. Mike Cotty’s Across the Mountains just makes you want to go and do something really, really difficult. And, lastly, I loved The Making of an Hour Record because I know just how hard our Head of Sports Science, Neal Henderson, works for moments like that.

Speaking of moments, the launch of ‘Inspiration’ is a huge moment for us and is another step in our journey to be the best training app in the world. There is more to come. Not only will Season 2 of Inspiration drop early in the new year, but we have more surprises coming your way in 2021. Thank you for trusting us with helping you become the best athlete possible. Now, pass that popcorn….

53 Likes

Quite a few of these were on my “watch someday” list… this makes it so much easier to just put em on and ride!

Will these will be added into training plans? They’d be a lot more interesting to me than a “regular” SUF workout reduced to like 60%.

4 Likes

Yep! We’ve already updated all of our training plans, removing reduced intensity SUF sessions and replacing them with the recovery and endurance sessions from our Inspiration collection.

If you’re already on a plan, then you can delete that plan and then reapply it by setting the same start date as you currently have.

20 Likes

Sir David, you are a legend! Thanks for bringing this to us👍🏼

5 Likes

Fantastic! I can’t wait to try these out.

6 Likes

Thanks!
Chasing Legends has always been a favorite film of mine.

6 Likes

I see it now. Tried it before posting but didn’t see any of the new videos come up :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just reapplied my plan and there so much variety in there, looks ace! Thanks!

1 Like

Awesome extra content Sir @David.McQuillen.KoS and team
Looking fwd to watching some of these.

2 Likes

That’s handy !!

2 Likes

Oh no! I am not on a rest week! Last week was my rest week. Arrrgh!!&&*^&!!! (Never thought i’d Say that…)

So these awesome looking videos will have to wait a little. But very excited for this!

3 Likes

Is the video crop display settings option in the IOS version? Just updated to 6.19, restarted app, logged out then back in again, but can’t see it in the display options?

1 Like

This is what I wanted to start watching while on my indoor ride today, but it wont load up. See thread in Software Issues.

1 Like

Wow, you’ve been busy!! 31 films! Brilliant! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

2 Likes

Well, it looks like I know what I’m doing now over the holidays! This looks great. Can’t wait to try them out!!!

1 Like

Thank you!!! Just today I was looking for something easy - I road hard yesterday and today it was too cold and icy to get a walk in. I did “Across the Mountains,” which was so fun and inspiring. It’s going to really help me get through the winter to have these mellow workouts in the mix!

1 Like

Are these videos somewhat interchangeable? If I wish to see a particular video can I use it instead of what is in my plan?

Exactly what I’ve been hoping for. Had planned an Open 60 session later but will gladly switch. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

That is such an awesome idea! I’m totally excited about it. Actually I have been watching historic documentaries on Tour de France and such films along with the reduced intensity workouts every now and then. So this is totally my cup of tea! I already ditched my current training plan for the updated version of it and cannot wait for the inspirations to come.
I already see it for the SUF future: a weekly documentary with one of the pro teams :wink:

1 Like

Awesome!! This will make recovery spins so much more fun!! Can’t wait to try these!! :+1:

2 Likes