πŸš€ New Knowledge Episode - The Keys to Successful Endurance Training πŸš€

Watch the Video version of this Podcast here: The Knowledge Podcast by Wahoo

Listen to the audio here: The Knowledge Podcast

In this episode of β€œThe Knowledge Podcast by Wahoo,” Jeff Hoobler and Neal Henderson discuss the four key elements of successful endurance training - consistency, purpose, progression, and recovery. Without consistency, your body won’t adapt and improve over time. Purpose refers to having a clear understanding of what you want to achieve with your training, and setting specific, measurable, achievable, and time-bound goals to stay motivated and focused. Progression means gradually increasing the demands of your training over time, but doing so in a gradual and safe manner. Finally, recovery is essential to prevent injury and burnout. Jeff and Neal provide examples of how to progress your training effectively and explain why discipline is crucial in following your workout goals. Listen to this episode to learn how to achieve your endurance training goals successfully.

3 Likes

I have asked this elsewhere but will ask here again because I’d love to hear then coaches’ perspective. One aspect of progression that wasn’t mentioned in this episode (which was super interesting … thanks!) is whether progression via testing and new numbers can also work. One thing I struggle with when trying to use the building blocks plans, for example, is how to build progression across multiple blocks. One simple idea would be to test after each 4 week block and then use those new numbers to repeat the block. Does the science back this up? Or is it better to build volume and/or intensity to create progressive load?

1 Like