🎺🎺🎺 NEW: PRORIDES: TOUR DE SUISSE WOMEN 🎺🎺🎺

You guys will love this – you can join a live ride with Clara and ProRides Producer @Francois-Wahoo on Feb 6th - 6pm UTC/GMT // 1pm USA EST. Details and sign-up here:
https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=VYMJQJ

9 Likes

I remember that one, that was quite the nail-biting finale. It’s still on GCN+ by the way. Worth a re-watch.

3 Likes

Just did Stage 2. Wasn’t wanting anything too hard and thought the graph looked “doable” but boy do the hurty bits really hurt :rofl: As with pretty much all the Pro Rides, absolutely loved it!!!

May try and pluck up the courage for Stage 1 over the weekend……

6 Likes

Just completed TDSW#2 and have a few thoughts.

I loved the immersion! So many things added to making this enjoyable - the intro with the commentary and the interviews, the icons that were added (“Follow Her” or the rider’s name), the coach giving radio color. I will definitely add more pro rides to my repertoire.

What I could change if I could:

1. Intro with Tank Top Bro. For a women’s ride? Sorry ladies you cant have it all. I’d swap him out for a woman rider if I had my hands on the software.

2. After the 26ish minute mark there are some very low power requirements - 55watts in my case. Most of my Suff warmups are in the 80 to 100 range, so 55 is very low. But the immersion was interrupted MANY times over the next 5-6 minutes with VROOM VROOM VROOM “surges” from 55 to 75 watts, followed by crowd applause when dropping from 75 to 55. I found this to be very distracting as well as extremely unnecessary at these power requirements. And since the intervals are generally shorter in pro rides these sounds happened a LOT.

I am looking forward to my next pro ride.

Not having done it, do you think you need any of the sound effects? You can turn them off in the settings tab. This was recommended in the description for the “UCI Centre 6: MTB Race”.

(edit: looking at Stage 2 profile, may be helpful to have some sound effects, I was looking at the stage 1 profile earlier, so your point is taken)

3 Likes

jesawdy - Good idea! Ive never turned sound effects off before, but will try that the next time I do a pro ride.

3 Likes

Finally got the badge for this series this morning but only after I’d ridden Stage 1 and Stage 3 twice and got away with Stage 2 only once.

Glad to see the minions still haven’t learned how to count :blush:

For the monthly challenges, I’ll make sure I don’t leave them too late in the month, just in case. I would hate to have to email the minions and request a badge when I can just ride them again…

3 Likes

I always turn off the sound effects in the Pro Rides. There are so many power changes that the sound effects become quite distracting for me.

These are often set when the rider is coasting. I’ve seen this in other Pro Rides. I just spin as easy as possible during these sections.

5 Likes