๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€ NEW: Strength Training for Runners! ๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€

RUNNERS! We know youโ€™ve been looking at all that strength-training-for-cyclists in the SYSTM app and muttering to yourself โ€˜Why donโ€™t they release a strength training series for the needs of people like me?โ€™

Mutter no more! Weโ€™ve just quietly launched a new 5-level series specificially to help runners improve performance and reduce the risk of injury. Each session includes a progressive set of exercises that include a focus on the lower body, posterior chain and core, in addition to supplementary movements for the upper body.

Have a go and let us know what you think! ( Oh - you may have to log out and then back in to SYSTM to see them )

12 Likes

Thanks! @David.McQuillen.KoS Are these going to get added into the triathlon strength plans? Same with yoga for runners, will those get added into triathlon plans with added yoga?

My feedback: I did #1 and #2 this morning, in sequence. Good to have more running content in Systm but my impression so far is that theyโ€™re a little easy compared to their counterparts from Level 1 and 2 strength in Cycling and Tri plans.

Coaches - It would also be good to see how these should fit into a training plan, too. Duathlon plans ready yet?

Thanks.

1 Like

Also a bit more rambling about where Systm is going with the recent introductions of Yoga and now Strength Training for Runners โ€ฆ

Iโ€™m curious about Wahooโ€™s apparent intent to provide content for โ€œRunnersโ€ vs in the past, focusing primarily on cyclists and secondarily on multisport athletes (who run) โ€ฆ

Is Wahooโ€™s intent for single-sport runners to find a home in Wahoo Systm?

It seems to make sense if I look at Wahooโ€™s sponsored athletes, but I figured that was to promote the Elemnt Rival and not Systm.