New Wahoo Sports' Science Facility

This looks interesting and promising in that it might lay the foundation for improving wahooX workouts and plans.

6 Likes

A new and improved pain cave! Thank you Sir Neal.

2 Likes

Here’s a short Wahoo vid about it.

5 Likes

An inside look from Cycling Weekly… I sweated and tried not to barf up my sandwich': a first look at Wahoo's new Sports Science Center | Cycling Weekly

10 Likes

Also, the folks from GCN are going to be visiting soon. They announced this on the 500th GCN show.

6 Likes

Oh great. Did we really need to give @Coach.Neal.H et al more facilities, more resources, more capability to increase the punishment they dole out?

Yes, we did!

Great work Wahoo, and congratulations to the whole team.

9 Likes

My hope is it will help increase the effectiveness of said punishment in improving our fitness and performance.

4 Likes

There will be much regret. Not sure whether by Sufferlandrians or the rest of the general populous. But one way or another, someone, somewhere, will suffer more as a result. Excellent!

7 Likes

The GCN Video is out now and I spotted the new Half Monty version, very interesting!

Any rough estimate when it will be available for the general public?

3 Likes

Yeah! I saw Half Monty v2.
Can’t wait for this :wink:

Here’s that GCN video: How Much Has Manon's Fitness Improved? | Inside The Wahoo Sports Science Center - YouTube

2 Likes

Here is an extremely interesting article about the Sports Science Center. Looks very promising indeed!

"TrainerRoad, a brand which is currently forging a similar path toward autonomy. Its Adaptive Training feature uses machine learning and adjusts your training plan based on your recent progress and responses to post-ride surveys that ask how hard you felt each session… Systm is working toward a similar strategy, allowing the app to use data to drive a dynamic training plan. "

3 Likes

I was especially interested in the next Half Monty version because the constrained effort is supposed to be shorter.

3 Likes