November 2022 Challenge

Yeh, not sure why they haven’t implemented that for this challenge.

4 Likes

+1

The home page card directs to info outside of the app. I’d be great to have challenges list the info in the challenge card itself.
It more or less solves the request from @Saddlesaur too. I can agree that challenges need a feel of obligation/commitment to it.

1 Like

These monthly challenges, if they are to become a permanent fixture need to behave same as “A Week With” challenges (or any plan as a matter of fact), with ability to:

• View challenge details and associated rides (as already discussed above), and

• Add it to the calendar.

A Week With" sprang to mind as I don’t see them as plans, but challenges with similar number of rides as the monthly challenges.

2 Likes

Thanks for that! To achieve the best results I feel it’s always best to consider what I think of as the three Ps of cycling (psycling?). Physics, physiology, and psychology. You gotta work all three.

3 Likes

You forgot the 4th P. Pastries :wink:

7 Likes

Yay! I am terrible at following a training plan, but I respond well to challenges with tracking and rewards (cue Pavlov’s :bell:). Looking forward to this month’s and future months’ challenges! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

the way I see it, there’s the short-term challenges which have to be done in a prescribed period, within certain dates (Tours, Great French Challenge, some others), and the ‘when you want to’ badge hunting. The ones in a prescribed time period have never had the workouts listed.

3 Likes

if you do the Magic Road will it count? Hope so as I`m about to finish it :grin:

1 Like

I’m guessing not, unless you were running both simultaneously

Shift Indoors? geez, when was that?

I’m guessing between Nov 8-22, lol. Soooo last year. Keep up Dame Isi!!

1 Like

If not this is a bit ridiculous tbh, at least say if it won’t count next to the link pointing to the Magic Road.

If it’s a partnership put all the Systm workouts into the RGT library

Fair point I guess. I took it as a SYSTM challenge though not an RGT one. I read it as one where you are to ride the workouts listed. Riding the magic roads doesn’t mean you’ll ride the workouts only that you’ll ride the route the workout was created on.

Still a fair point though. They ought to make it clearer.

1 Like

Not a biggy, I’ll just ride it again but they definitely need to be merging more, still seem to be operating as 2 distinct apps.

1 Like

Oh very much so. I imagine there’s an integration in the future but these are vastly different entities. In either case, the future looks promising.

1 Like

It is SO great to see everyone’s enthusiasm for the challenges!

Right now, we are unable to create a challenge break down for time based challenges due to how the achievements are calculated. We are also unable to include workouts done outside of SYSTM.

I appreciate this isn’t ideal and we are working towards solutions for both of these as things move forwards.

We wanted to create some challenges and get started on this though to see what the interest is and so far it is really great to see the positive response.

12 Likes

Probably worth an explicit note saying that riding it on the RGT Magic Road won’t count. May be obvious to seasoned Systm people but newbies brought across with RGT won’t realise I’d imagine.

1 Like

it must have been last year, 2021

1 Like

That’s what I said it but I said it with a bit of Sufferlandrian snarkiness. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i just hit reply in my e-mail so missed all the in-between. defo need to up my snark game! but at least i got another valuable award!

7 Likes