November 2022 Challenge

I liked this challenge. It was a good reason to ride some different workouts!

#rodeforabadge

8 Likes

Agreed, I enjoyed all four workouts and itā€™s always good to be reminded to do ā€œElements of Styleā€ again. Really like Portugal Cascais and Ruta Chingaza although in terms of workouts I would ride more than once or twice The Way Out and Elements of Style definitely have the edge. You just gotta love Carlton Kirby :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice idea. I had two of these on my schedule already last week so switched things around to do all four. Really enjoyed the Portugal one, looks a great route :sunglasses:

Carlton Kirby has THAT something going for him. I wonder if a collaboration between him and Michael Cotty could be pulled off.

@David.McQuillen.KoS :person_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

Congratulations, we already have over 100 people who have completed the November challenge!

Who is getting close?

Which was your favourite workout and why?

5 Likes

Or a collab with Jose Been on a ProRide? Having Jose doing the intro/outro and handing off to Carlton for some commentary could be fun. Yes, I know youā€™re the rider and the rider hears the DS and not the Eurosport commentary, but still, Iā€™m sure thereā€™s scope for something.

1 Like

Iā€™ve The Way Out planned for tomorrow, and thatā€™ll complete the challenge for me. Given that my outdoor season ended yesterday (first heavy snowfall of the season in Montreal today), Iā€™m l pleased to finish it that quickly. While Iā€™ve done The Way Out many many times and love it, the new On Location ride is fantastic. Iā€™d have a hard time choosing between those two. Ruta Chingaza is a good documentary, but not something Iā€™d ride more than once (well, twice now, as I redid it for the challenge).
EOS is a classic and is very well done, but not really among my favourites.

Rob

4 Likes

My vote goes to On Location - these rides are a great combination of footage and scenery, information about the area, and an excellent workout.

I like all of them though, so itā€™s tough to pick just one. Theyā€™re very different, and each one can be the ā€˜rightā€™ one for me to ride depending on the day.

7 Likes

PLEASEā€¦ NO Carlton K. Heā€™s just the worst. Adam Blythe as a replacement :+1:

1 Like

Hear hear. Cascais was a superb workout and great video.

2 Likes

What about Rob Hatch?

2 Likes

I could live with that but Adam Blythe has more passion

The Way out.
Why: I nearly managed to do it on my own targets. Close !!

1 Like

Love the idea of them being relatively short for now, 4 is good. Having them themed is great, and surfacing some of the fewer played content would be awesome.

I also like the art - a badge has gotta look good.

2 Likes

I had intended to do all 4 sessions in a day, like a challenge within a challenge. Obviously I never got round to doing that, but agreed, a relatively small number of lesser used sessions is perfect for mixing it up without getting in the way too much of an existing plan (or life).

Looking forward to the December edition.

6 Likes

300 of you have already achieved the November Challenge CONGRATS!!

There is still 1 week to go so plenty of time if you are in the process of completing or havenā€™t even started yetā€¦

Keep up the hard work, Decemberā€™s challenge isnā€™t far away now either - lots more fun stuff planned!!

11 Likes

I got that badge without even being aware it existed.

6 Likes

3 down, just the one to goā€¦

1 Like

I managed to add it in on top of the MAP block Iā€™d scheduled. The On Location in Portugal was spectacular!

7 Likes

Yay snuck in the last of the four this morning and I must say I saved the best for last. Thank you sir @michael.cotty for another ā€œA-Maze-ingā€ ride to the rain forest. I must say I burned some serious calories today. Great ride. Looking forward to more of these short little monthly challenges. Cheers!! :grinning:

4 Likes