Official Tour of Sufferlandria 2022 Route Discussion Thread

@Heretic Yes- I noticed the same. Seems like there are adjustments missing. I looked back at TOS 2021 and each stage had changes to some of the individual metrics.

4 Likes

you’ll get through it ! It’s a fun group suffering if that makes any sense. You can always dial it down manually if you like. Just do your best - enjoy the banter here and on Facebook. It will take some recovery time so just anticipate that.

4 Likes

Last year I just manually adjusted the workouts. Some I did at 100%, others I dialed down the intensity.

1 Like

I signed up for focused and see the adjustments. However, I think there’s a problem with the FTP adjustment for SUF Idol.

3 Likes

Nothing like the 2016 tour with Revolver + Revolver is Easy + Half Is Easy. But I expect Fluffy to be VERY busy on the last day cleaning up the carnage.

5 Likes

I have the focused option on my windows 10 laptop and all the workouts seem to be at 100% right now.

2 Likes

Weird. As you can see from my screenshot above, that’s not the case for me.

@AkaPete , on what platform do you see these percentages? I checked the ToS stages in the calendar on both my iPhone and iPad, and I only see 1 to 5 bar ratings for each of the 4DP settings - I do not see workout % adjustments anywhere. Is this an iOS platform bug, or am I looking at the wrong place?

I deleted and reapplied the plan - I now see the % changes, and also have FTP at 1% for SUF Idol.

2 Likes

This old school Attacker approves of that route :+1::boom:

Well except for the visit to ProRidelandria but hey :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I suffer in a non-traditional way.
My indoor bike is a Schwinn IC4 part of a negotiated compromise with my wife.

Looking at Stage 1, anyone on a dumb trainer have any idea about those changes in power?

Not sure I can adjust that quickly

1 Like

The only ProRide I’ve ridden is Norway, had to for last years tour, and it was absolutely fine on my old school no erg (but don’t call it dumb :grinning:) Wattbike. Fun even, at the time. Just go by the action in the video. Oh and the pro isn’t using erg mode so no reason why we have to as far as I’m concerned

3 Likes

I see Grunter hired Pazuzu to design that poster… :goat:

I gather that would be your version of a Local Hero. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Kraftwerk I gruess, as you ride the profile of two low pressure steam turbines.

1 Like

Just checked out the profile of Model. So beautiful! So geometric. So painful.

A collaboration maybe of Bridget Riley & GvA?

2 Likes

I love the Big Black version. I’d choose the one in a Heartbeat.

1 Like

Talking about time zone, it is still not clear to me how the 50 hour window spreads for each stage. Does someone know when we can start with stage one: day, time (given in time zone).

As I understand it, the “day” starts when it is Feb 27 00:01 somewhere in the World. For simplicity’s sake, let’s say that this is the East Coast of Australia.

So, just after midnight on Feb 27 in Australia, you can start the stage.

If you live in, say, the West Coast of the US, this is something like Feb 26 at 3 pm (or whatever it is).

Thus you can actually start stages almost a day before your local time/date. Many people do this to fit in extra recovery time.

6 Likes

When that date starts in the east (date line) the stage opens, and when that date ends in the west (date line) it closes. So you have like a 50 ish hour window per stage. They also overlaps because obviously NZ is miles ahead of the USA West Coast for e.g.

3 Likes