Official Tour of Sufferlandria 2022 Route Discussion Thread

Stage 4 news: 🚀 🚀 🚀 NEW VIDEO: The Model is LIVE! 🚀 🚀 🚀

10 Likes

Just so you know the first sound cut from the intro to where the video I think says beautiful is not great. Maybe it can be fixed if you think its worth the work.

I’m ready for my second Tour of Sufferlandria!

4 Likes

Would somebody have a link to where you can check the status of of completion for each of your TOS stages ?

Thanks!

1 Like

I have just had the week from hell and my brain is fried and can’t seem to do basic things any more.

If I could get a little help with figureing out the time window for Adelaide it would be appreciated.

Best I can figure it opens the day before at 2030.

Have I got that right?

1 Like

The simplest is to go the ToS badge under Awards under Progress and see the countdown timer for each stage.

You can’t go wrong from there.

10 Likes

Thanks. I had no idea that feature existed.

2 Likes

And online on the www there is a countdown timer for S1 runnning here in case it’s useful.

Sir @David.McQuillen.KoS there may be a tiny typo on the route stages timings poster here:

And if I’m wrong then just delete me from the virtual
SUF world because I’m easily confused by time zones.

I think the purple section is a day out in the bottom right. It should start Friday @ 22:00 I think.

Stages begin at midnight UTC + 14
Adelaide is at UTC + 10.5

I think that means stages there begin at 2030. So I think you got it right.

1 Like

Less than 24 hours until stage 1 opens ! Time for get ready to rumble!

4 Likes

Not sure how this is possible. Per the chart that was posted, in the Pacific Time Zone in the US the window opens at 2:00, which by calculating the time difference before the start of Sunday, must be 2:00 PM on Saturday. Given it is still morning here on Friday, that is more than 24 hours away.

Am I calculating that start time incorrectly?

As mentioned, it’s a rolling start. So only 17ish hours for our friends in the Pacific…I think.

3 Likes

And where does this timer display, the WaHoo site?

The countdown timer is in the Wahoo Systm app - go to Progress, then you’ll see TOS under upcoming Awards. Click on “Details” and it will show you how long to go to the start in your time zone

3 Likes

So easy … how did I ever miss this … :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

@CPT_A not saying you are wrong, just I can’t get there from a logic perspective.

In what time zone does the ToS 50 hour window start?

I know that we are -8 hours from GMT. So where did the extra 9 hours come from?

1 Like

It’s new to the most recent app update.

1 Like

In the app look at Progress >awards>ToS > details Currently mine shows opens in 16 hours 6 min eastern time US ( which should be GMT -5). 12:54 pm here currently so that would make open 5 am on Saturday - there’s that international date line line thing so it’s a day later in Hobart where Sir David MCQuillan will be live-streaming

2 Likes