Official Tour of Sufferlandria 2022 Route Discussion Thread

The simplest is to go the ToS badge under Awards under Progress and see the countdown timer for each stage.

You can’t go wrong from there.

10 Likes

Thanks. I had no idea that feature existed.

2 Likes

And online on the www there is a countdown timer for S1 runnning here in case it’s useful.

Sir @David.McQuillen.KoS there may be a tiny typo on the route stages timings poster here:

And if I’m wrong then just delete me from the virtual
SUF world because I’m easily confused by time zones.

I think the purple section is a day out in the bottom right. It should start Friday @ 22:00 I think.

Stages begin at midnight UTC + 14
Adelaide is at UTC + 10.5

I think that means stages there begin at 2030. So I think you got it right.

1 Like

Less than 24 hours until stage 1 opens ! Time for get ready to rumble!

4 Likes

Not sure how this is possible. Per the chart that was posted, in the Pacific Time Zone in the US the window opens at 2:00, which by calculating the time difference before the start of Sunday, must be 2:00 PM on Saturday. Given it is still morning here on Friday, that is more than 24 hours away.

Am I calculating that start time incorrectly?

As mentioned, it’s a rolling start. So only 17ish hours for our friends in the Pacific…I think.

3 Likes

And where does this timer display, the WaHoo site?

The countdown timer is in the Wahoo Systm app - go to Progress, then you’ll see TOS under upcoming Awards. Click on “Details” and it will show you how long to go to the start in your time zone

3 Likes

So easy … how did I ever miss this … :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

@CPT_A not saying you are wrong, just I can’t get there from a logic perspective.

In what time zone does the ToS 50 hour window start?

I know that we are -8 hours from GMT. So where did the extra 9 hours come from?

1 Like

It’s new to the most recent app update.

1 Like

In the app look at Progress >awards>ToS > details Currently mine shows opens in 16 hours 6 min eastern time US ( which should be GMT -5). 12:54 pm here currently so that would make open 5 am on Saturday - there’s that international date line line thing so it’s a day later in Hobart where Sir David MCQuillan will be live-streaming

2 Likes

International Date Line or GMT+12.

(Although I think Kiribati is actually at GMT+14).

4 Likes

You know what they say about old dogs, @GJStache53

:wink:

1 Like

LargeWelcomeBull-size_restricted

4 Likes

Yes, those would be our Kiribati friends.

@Stevewvu I see it there. Thanks

@titanicus that’s helpful. They must be using “Kiribati is actually at GMT+14”, that makes the numbers work. Thanks for an explanation that my mathematical mind can accept! :crazy_face:

1 Like