Official Tour of Sufferlandria Announcement

You need to create a new one.

1 Like

I reckon Defender + Attacker is way better than Grunter’s Gran Fondo (Power Station + Angels + Thin Air) last year. I just looked up my workout notes post Thin Air:

ToS 2020: Stage 9c. HR good (focused tour option), legs ruined. Lactic hell.

Though that was still better than Stage 8 of the 2017 tour. GvA went fully sadistic that year with Revolver, Revolver is Easy and Half is Easy. My notes from that session?

Me = Broken. Fact.

Then delivered the coup de grâce with It Seemed Like Thin Air. I didn’t even write any notes from that session, I think I just crawled out of the garage.

2 Likes

Hi guys\gals,
I’m new in ToS, just did KoS last Saturday (PAIN!!!). Could you explain me the difference between Nuclear\Focused\Get me Trough It ?
Thx!!

Hi @mbelletti. Congrats for the recent Knighthood. The different options are covered in detail in the “how it works”/FAQ. Check out the “four ways to ride the tour” section.
https://thesufferfest.com/pages/community-tour-of-sufferlandria-2021

One important thing to remember…
“Whatever option you choose is yours alone. You don’t need to tell anyone what option you’re on, there will be no categories of riders and no competition. As Sufferlandrians, all we care about is that you push yourself and Suffer. Of this, we have full confidence in you.”

5 Likes

@David.McQuillen.KoS there’s a lot of SUF designs on redbubble, am I correct in that the only legitimate ones (that benefit DPF) are from GVA The Sufferfest - everything else is a ripoff of your design?

@dylan - you missed one - Under the nuclear option on this page

Every stage is open as long as it is that day somewhere on Earth. That means there is a 50-hour window for every stage. Use that window wisely to help gain some additional rest.

2 Likes

Also the bib number link is still dead.

“At some point during this year’s Tour, you’ll be tempted not to start a stage, or to quit a stage halfway through. If you’re lucky, that won’t happen until the end. If you’re unlucky, it’ll happen halfway through stage 2”

That. Or maybe during Hammer 6. Let’s try to be lucky!

3 Likes

Hilarious and partly true … just don’t fall of the trainer and keep on pedaling. Stems are tasty.

That is correct.

2 Likes

Now we need to turn our attention to the most serious of matters. What stunts and feats of absurdity should Dylan, Neal, Mike Cotty, I and the other Wahooligans who run the Tour undertake to raise more money for the DPF?

5 Likes

Well Sir Dylan will obviously have to provide some form of live commentary during Joyride!!

Maybe you could ride Flight Club with boxing gloves on :wink:

But that’s about as creative as I can get lol.

4 Likes

Norway in full viking costume (including helmet)
GOAT in laser goat outfit
The Cure - dressed as Robert Smith
And for Who Dares + fight club, you all get replaced by a female team :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My favourite tour announcement so far, brilliant to see so many Dames and Sirs involved! On the other hand what a 7 days in prospect!

1 Like

Wow, this year looks amazing. This will be my 4th tour and my daughters first. I can’t say I can remember my first tour, it’s a bit of a red haze, but I recall the emotion and mental struggle. If she completes the training I have high hopes for her getting through the tour.

In the past I’ve always aimed to do the tour in nuclear mode, unless injured or ill. It is hard work but a week later I am in my best form of the year. It is one hell of a way the peak for an event, unfortunately there won’t be any events this year. I wonder what I could do instead?

1 Like

I use DiscourseHub on the iPhone. I have this forum and my club one within one app. Might be worth a look.

Just in case newbies haven’t seen this: Why We Ride!

10 Likes

Awesome video - thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I think maybe a live stream of him getting the tattoo of the image from Sir Stephen’s recent FB post

Too much?

1 Like

This will be my first tour and seeing the course has me a little worried. Greatly enjoyed the video though.

1 Like