On plan 2 works in one day

Hi

You know when you have two workouts on one day in your plan, is the idea to do them back to back or can you do one in the morning and one in the
evening. Do u need to do them in any order?

I think thatā€™s completely up to you. Depending on what it is, might make sense to do back to back I.e if itā€™s a stretching routine could make sense to do right after the cycling effort if you have the time.

This morning I did the chores which was ace and then did a beginner yoga session directly afterwards and it was a great way to relax and recover. Although Ive also split the sessions in a day when time constrained and itā€™s still fine. So itā€™s completely up to you I think.

Looking at your snip, if I had the time, Iā€™d do two cycling sessions back to back just because Iā€™m lazy and donā€™t want to use two sets of kit, two showers by splitting it. Which way around, me personally, Iā€™d take the harder effort first then the easier one, so I have something to look fwd to :grinning:

1 Like

This topic has popped up often here. Obviously you can do them B2B or split them up. I tend to do cycling B2B if possible. It has been my experience that splitting them up has two consequences, at least for me.

If I split them up I have to do one in the morning and one in the evening. The evening ride turns out to be easier than doing it immediately after the first in the morning. However, I pay for that the next morning because I have taxed my legs in the am, then that night, and again the next morning. Not enough rest.

I know people who like to split them up. Do it the first time whatever way you think is best for you. If you donā€™t like the results, try it the other way.

The only true ā€œbestā€ way, is the one that works best for you.

2 Likes

while this is one way, it would be cool if workouts would be modeled as playlists and if they could be grouped in playlists. with this model a workout could be seen as a sequence of intervals and even the additional repetitions that are sometimes requested in the coach notes could be added to a workoutā€˜s playlist just like in a musical sequencer, effectively saving you from the ā€œstop the workout and wind back as noted in the coach notesā€.
a next step could be that you could compose your own workout from building blocks workouts.
this could also reduce the need for ā€œendurance 1-5ā€ and ā€œopen 30-180ā€ because the workout duration would become configurable - either by the plan or by you when choosing it.
cheers

@Delboy6361 ā€“ In the case of your screenshot, I agree, it does appear like the plan intends for a longer session after doing the alternating tempo work. Typically in SYSTM, one does the more intense workout first and then follows up with a less intense session after. Unless of course the it is a workout to warm you up, like Igniter. In that case, one would do Igniter first to aid in the warm up, and then progress to the main set. Hope that helps.

Happy Training,